How do I disable Thermal Protection

KoolGamer77

Before you say anything, yes I am aware of the risks. And for your information I have a laptop. Specifically and Asus rog zephyrus s15. With an intel 10750h and a 2080 super max q. 

Along with you hopefully telling me how to do that maybe you can try and help me to find other solutions (that dont require disassembling my laptop) for my problem. So basically my laptop thermal throttles. I play apex for like 5 minutes than boom 20 fps. 

5 minutes ago, KoolGamer77 said:

theres nothing here

image.jpg

you cant do that

thermal throttling TJMax setting is baked inside the cpu

you cant disable that in pc because of safety measures

and since in laptop, thermal management is incredibly important

its not possible don't waste your time

even Asus itself cant do that

12 minutes ago, KoolGamer77 said:

yeah but where lmao

Somewhere they won't let you touch it.

I would try other avenues first, such as limiting the CPU and/or GPU based on clock speeds or power draw and maybe looking into undervolting if that is something you can adjust.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

29 minutes ago, KoolGamer77 said:

Along with you hopefully telling me how to do that maybe you can try and help me to find other solutions (that dont require disassembling my laptop) for my problem. So basically my laptop thermal throttles. I play apex for like 5 minutes than boom 20 fps. 

in normal situation

no amount of thermal throttling in an awesome laptop like s15 can result in such bad performance other then some series hardware problem

make sure your not playing on onboard graphics

if you are thermal throttling this bad

you may want to submit your warranty

It's not a risk, more like you will kill your CPU faster if it runs really really hot. 

Anything and everything is preferable. Power management, undervolting, clock speed tuning, increase fan speed, etc. 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

thank you guys. Ill try submitting  my warranty like tomorrow, maybe they can help.