What bed charger does Linus Use?

electrowiz64

On 4:36 does anyone know what bedside charger Linus uses? I'm in need of a new bedside charger (since Apple's magsafe makes wireless chargers finicky) and Amazon is just a hit or miss, this just seems like a better solution for my charging needs but I need something with USB-C thats not from china. Apple's magsafe iphone charger doesnt work with usb A to usb C adapters.

Bedside chargers don’t need to be fast because you’ve got 8hours to make it go. Linus gets a lot of free stuff, so he might have a ridiculously expensive bedside charge that is a few percent better because it didn’t cost anything.  If you’re talking phone and the phone has wireless charging any garbage tier QI charger and a junk wall wart will do fine. IPhones don’t fast charge off generic QI but they charge.  Even microUSB2 isn’t a real problem because the thing doesn’t get moved or unplugged.  The thing won’t have a chance to wear.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Is there anything special about Linus' charger that makes you want that particular one?

I quickly looked at the video and it just looks like a rather generic charger. The shape and color reminds me of IKEA's chargers. 

What are your requirements of a bedside charger? I imagine most people just have a cable running up from a wall outlet behind a nightstand.

Are you avoiding Chinese products for ethical reasons or because you think China =  bad quality?

Because Anker's basically the default recommendation for charging needs, but they're HQ'd in Changsha, China. And just in general, you're going to have a hell of a time avoiding Chinese products - your Apple iPhone is made in China for example.

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

I'd recomment to just get a wireless charging pad. It's by far the most convenient way to charge your phone overnight. And they're not that much more expensive than just a good quality charging cable.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Personally I just use a QI charger from Ikea, you can buy ones that you can put on it, but also ones you can build in. So if you don't care about your nightstand, or just want it clean, it's a great way for charging.

Marketing and branding may have caused you to assume any of the charger product brands or even your phone is made anywhere but China.

If you buy one from Samsung it's possible you can buy something manufactured in South Korea instead but they still do a lot of manufacturing in China.

Personally I find inductive charging rather wasteful but I did get a bedside/desk lamp with a built in pad that angles the phone towards you so you don't have to pick it up.  

Having a case/cover on you phone also reduces efficiency so look for a pad that has a good "charging distance"?