New network card and router, network speed is slow on PC but fast on phone

AverageLeo
Go to solution Solved by Bombastinator,
55 minutes ago, AverageLeo said:

Of course 🙂

and obviously I tried to restart the PC and router

So if the issue is antenna blockage you can either find and remove the blockage or move the antenna.  They make extension wires for external antennas.  Main reason to buy one really, though it also makes possible a few other things.  You can even buy antennas with stands that already have extension wires.  They’re fairly cheap.  Not much to em.  I suspect the most expensive part is the not-exactly-BNC connection antennas have

First, this is are the new network card and router:

Network card: https://a.co/d/0cGnssw

Router: https://www.tp-link.com/en/home-networking/dsl-modem-router/archer-vr400/v2

Now, the top speed I got on my PC with the new bundle was 70/5 MB upload/download.

If I do a new speed test as we speak (with the 2.4Ghz channel), I get 50/5 on my phone but 5/5 on my PC,

and I can't connect to the 5Ghz on both devices.

What the hell is wrong?

~Leo

Wifi varies a lot by specific location when indoors. A cellphone is portable but a computer may not be.  It’s not impossible this is a blocking problem.  If your phone is exactly where the antennas for the computer are does it have the same problem?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

4 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Wifi varies a lot by specific location when indoors. A cellphone is portable but a computer may not be.  It’s not impossible this is a blocking problem.  If your phone is exactly where the antennas for the computer are does it have the same problem?

Of course 🙂

~Leo

55 minutes ago, AverageLeo said:

Of course 🙂

So if the issue is antenna blockage you can either find and remove the blockage or move the antenna.  They make extension wires for external antennas.  Main reason to buy one really, though it also makes possible a few other things.  You can even buy antennas with stands that already have extension wires.  They’re fairly cheap.  Not much to em.  I suspect the most expensive part is the not-exactly-BNC connection antennas have

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

I should mention there are also adaptors for the loot tel snap things on m.2 e key cards.