Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Static when Touching Keyboard and/or Mouse

roy12
 Share

I'm not exactly sure what is happening with my headphones. Whenever I touch my keyboard with two hands there is light static and when I touch my mouse and keyboard the static is way louder. I'm pretty sure this has  never happened to me till I moved my computer to my other house. Anyone have any idea why this is happening and if so how could  I fix it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

have you tried plugging your headset into the back of your pc instead of the front? maybe even moving your keyboard and mouse to different usb ports? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Mayday793 said:

have you tried plugging your headset into the back of your pc instead of the front? maybe even moving your keyboard and mouse to different usb ports? 

They are always plugged into the back and I've tried changing which usb ports they are plugged into. My headphones are also plugged into the back aswell.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Juliasmatius said:

what happens when you touch the case(if metal)

Nothing

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, roy12 said:

They are always plugged into the back and I've tried changing which usb ports they are plugged into. My headphones are also plugged into the back aswell.

have you tried plugging the headset into the front if possible? Do you have a pair of wired ear buds you can try plugging in to see if you still have the same problem? If it persists even when using the wired earbuds that may suggest something funny going on with the audio connection on your PC

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Mayday793 said:

have you tried plugging the headset into the front if possible? Do you have a pair of wired ear buds you can try plugging in to see if you still have the same problem? If it persists even when using the wired earbuds that may suggest something funny going on with the audio connection on your PC

I tried the front port but its just worse. My brother tried his wired earbuds and it didn't have a problem on the back port. I also tried my headphones on my sibling's computers and it didn't seem to have a problem, I even plugged in the same keyboard and mouse into the back ports of their computers and there was no static. Could it just be my motherboard then?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

That really points towards it being a motherboard issue. Have you tried messing with the realtek audio software settings? if you hit the windows key and type in realtek youll probably be suggested "realtek audio console" which is the audio chip thats shipped on ~most~ motherboards. You can mess with the settings and see if you can possibly filter that noise out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Check the outlet with a $5 outlet tester to make sure it’s properly wired. I’ve had arcs between a PC and 3D printer due to an outlet not being properly grounded in an apartment.
 

Other than that, there’s no reason why you should be shocking peripherals outside of normal static generating circumstances, I.E. you live in a dry climate, and like to shuffle around in your plastic chair on carpet with socks on. 5V isn’t enough to generate arcs from skin contact and if your motherboard was damaged and outputting more than 5V your peripherals would most likely be dead. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×