Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Thermal pad for my m.2 SSD

I'm not sure if this was a good idea. I installed a Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus 8 TB into my Razer Blade 17. I also purchased a thermal pad because I am really worried about the heat inside the laptop. When I opened the laptop under the m.2 slot was a foam pad that bent my ssd to the extreme so I removed that and installed the thermal pad underneath the ssd. I noticed that inside the laptop it has a bad thats made of the same matterial as the thermal pad. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to keep heat away and transport heat away from my ssd.  The SSD fits perfect right now.

Razer Blade.png

Sabrent Rocket 4 plus.png

Thermal Pad.png

SSD cooling isnt the most important thing but just an extra precaution. Also have you tried booting to that SSD yet? Did you not have a post earlier asking if it was compatible with your razer? Before you go trying to spend more money on getting it to be cooled you should make sure that ssd actually works in your laptop and you can access all 8 TB. 

yes it works great I have a separate 2tb that I have the OS on. The 8TB is just have for my games. yes I posted about this before. Im pretty sure I updated that post to say it worked. All I needed to do was make a partition for that SSD. Thank goodness. 

so you think what I did will be fine then