Vertical Mount GPU Riser - Corsair 4000X case

An0maly_76

I've been having recurring issues with a fail to start that I have now confirmed seems to be caused by the GPU working itself loose, because this morning the machine fired right up with only a light press on the GPU's top edge. So I got to thinking... Could GPU sag combined with the natural expansion and contraction be the true cause? Therefore, I verified that the case does have a double-width vertical slot that can be used to this. However, I see that some arrangements are a simple cable, others have an entire bracket. If the case already has a dedicated area for this, is a bracket arrangement still required, and if so, does the 4000X case require a specific one? Thanks in advance for any help, I am really tired of having to do this every few weeks and I have health issues that compound the aggravation of hauling it down from its lofty perch.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

8 hours ago, An0maly_76 said:

I've been having recurring issues with a fail to start that I have now confirmed seems to be caused by the GPU working itself loose, because this morning the machine fired right up with only a light press on the GPU's top edge. So I got to thinking... Could GPU sag combined with the natural expansion and contraction be the true cause? Therefore, I verified that the case does have a double-width vertical slot that can be used to this. However, I see that some arrangements are a simple cable, others have an entire bracket. If the case already has a dedicated area for this, is a bracket arrangement still required, and if so, does the 4000X case require a specific one? Thanks in advance for any help, I am really tired of having to do this every few weeks and I have health issues that compound the aggravation of hauling it down from its lofty perch.

the thicker the gpu cooler the closer it will be to the side panel witch could restrict it air. an inch is recommend(un tested). if you get an inch then probably any bigger gap wont matter. also depends on fan rpm slower gap can be smaller and faster gap needs to be bigger. (this will vary between rpm and gpu and how good air flow you have in case)

so the side vertical mount is mostly for gpus that get an inch clearance on air or water cooled.

if your having a hard time understanding fan air flow restriction you can do a test. take your vacuum and put the pipeageist a flat surface the vacuum will get louder the bigger the gap between the surface the quieter it will get until you notice no change in sound that's the max distance needed. can also do the test with a fan put it ageist a flat surface and see how much gap is needed at max rpm. 

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

4 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

the thicker the gpu cooler the closer it will be to the side panel witch could restrict it air. an inch is recommend(un tested). if you get an inch then probably any bigger gap wont matter. also depends on fan rpm slower gap can be smaller and faster gap needs to be bigger. (this will vary between rpm and gpu and how good air flow you have in case)

so the side vertical mount is mostly for gpus that get an inch inch clearance on air or water cooled.

Took me a minute to realize what you were getting at there. This is the card I have, the Asus KO RTX3060ti-8GB OC. I air-cool this card and a 5900X in a 4000X Corsair case with six 120s and a Scythe Mugen 5. Usually peaks around 70-72C, CB R23 peaks at 87C with PBO, 76C without. GPU never tops 70C. Am I good?

image.png.ee78af8bf48baa74260db62741ce8675.png

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

Just now, An0maly_76 said:

Took me a minute to realize what you were getting at there. This is the card I have, the Asus KO RTX3060ti-8GB OC. I air-cool this card and a 5900X in a 4000X Corsair case with six 120s and a Scythe Mugen 5. Usually peaks around 70-72C, CB R23 peaks at 87C with PBO, 76C without. GPU never tops 70C. Am I good?

image.png.ee78af8bf48baa74260db62741ce8675.png

ya temps are fine.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

6 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

ya temps are fine.

But will this card have its fans up against the case window in the vertical position?

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

Just now, An0maly_76 said:

But will this card have its fans up against the case window in the vertical position?

measure it