Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help me to install Windows 7 on old iMAC 2008

FALL1N
 Share

hey guys , i had issue with my old MAC 2008, i had windows and MAC OS , but now when i want to boot windows on my MAC it shows only black screen and only mouse and keyboard are lighting.

 

i tried to put out HDD and backup all data to other hdd to start some magic on but it's already 3 days i can't restore windows 7 i tried everything that could be found on internet.

 

my disk drive is not working and i can't use boot camp , is there any other ways to install windows 7 on hdd without from MAC ? i mean can i connect hdd to my windows PC and install windows on that hdd then put it back to MAC.

Or any other ways to fix this problem?

 

 

Thanks.

Akinator V2 is here :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you see the grey boot menu when holding the option/alt key? You should see that screen with no hdd or os. If there is no monitor output that seems like a hardware issue to me.

 

You should be able to boot any windows installer usb on the mac, so just make a win 7 usb normally.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Can you see the grey boot menu when holding the option/alt key? You should see that screen with no hdd or os. If there is no monitor output that seems like a hardware issue to me.

 

You should be able to boot any windows installer usb on the mac, so just make a win 7 usb normally.

i can see the manu with 2 options one is MACHINTOSH another one is BOOTCAMP

 

so if i make normal installer with rufus on usb it can be runned on iMAC ?

Akinator V2 is here :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, FALL1N said:

i can see the manu with 2 options one is MACHINTOSH another one is BOOTCAMP

 

so if i make normal installer with rufus on usb it can be runned on iMAC ?

Yea just make a normal installer and it should show an additional option in the boot menu.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Yea just make a normal installer and it should show an additional option in the boot menu.

its just stuck here and nothing happens.

can i install windows on my PC then put hdd into mac ? should it work ?

289725491_540031564520678_2190662256298512873_n.jpg

Akinator V2 is here :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, FALL1N said:

its just stuck here and nothing happens.

can i install windows on my PC then put hdd into mac ? should it work ?

289725491_540031564520678_2190662256298512873_n.jpg

DId you set rufus to bios boot? You want legacy bios boot here and mbr, not uefi in rufus.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

DId you set rufus to bios boot? You want legacy bios boot here and mbr, not uefi in rufus.

i will try it now , but could you answer about switching hdd to normal pc and then install windows after which i switch back hdd ?

Akinator V2 is here :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

DId you set rufus to bios boot? You want legacy bios boot here and mbr, not uefi in rufus.

(with MBR and BIOS boot )now usb not showing even in boot manu

289578834_719791929144377_1227295391293428770_n.jpg

Akinator V2 is here :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, FALL1N said:

i will try it now , but could you answer about switching hdd to normal pc and then install windows after which i switch back hdd ?

That sold work, Id just use aanouther computer in legacy mode, and remove the hdd after the first reboot and put it in the imac then.

 

38 minutes ago, FALL1N said:

(with MBR and BIOS boot )now usb not showing even in boot manu

289578834_719791929144377_1227295391293428770_n.jpg

Try nouther usb stick if you can, Ive seen it picky before 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

That sold work, Id just use aanouther computer in legacy mode, and remove the hdd after the first reboot and put it in the imac then.

 

Try nouther usb stick if you can, Ive seen it picky before 

i have tried with other usb stick but still same! 

Akinator V2 is here :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×