• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What is better?

NitroBop

So i have a friend getting a computer with a low budget 
he was gunna buy a dell desktop
i said if u can try squeeze a gpu into ur budget 
the only one we could find was a 730 is 630 intel integrated better or should I tell him to not bother with a bpu

3 minutes ago, NitroBop said:

So i have a friend getting a computer with a low budget 
he was gunna buy a dell desktop
i said if u can try squeeze a gpu into ur budget 
the only one we could find was a 730 is 630 intel integrated better or should I tell him to not bother with a bpu

IGPs at the top end (not including apple) currently top out at about the 1030 with slow memory level.  So an iGP with good graphics will beat the lowest end dGPs.  Not all IGPs are at that top level though.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

IGPs at the top end (not including apple) currently top out at about the 1030 with slow memory level.  So an iGP with good graphics will beat the lowest end dGPs.  Not all IGPs are at that top level though.

so do or do not get the gpu

32 minutes ago, NitroBop said:

Depends on what GPU he can squeeze into his budget.
GT 730 ?  Fermi or Kepler variant ? Which model?

How much RAM that Dell desktop has.
What he's going to use it for ?
What's the CPU ?

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

23 minutes ago, NitroBop said:

Are you in the UK?

From a quick search the HD 630 seems to be slower than the GT 730, around half the performance. But neither are what I'd call capable gaming graphics. We're talking about sub 30 fps at 720p low in modern big budget games.

Lowering expectations towards older and less demanding games would be fine tho. So if the worst you try to run are things like Fortnite, Minecraft and GTA V, you should be fine.

Still would recommend something better. See if you can at least get something like a GDDR5 GT 1030 or RX 550 or something similar. As the bare minimum. GTX 1050 Ti / GTX 1060 / RX 570 / RX 5500 would be much better if even somewhat demanding games would be played, but that obviously depends on the budget and not everybody has the money.

A GT 730 is more of a money sink than a gaming option. If your friend can tolerate gaming at 720p low graphics on the Intel 630 (I recommend that the system have faster ram if that is possible because that will boost gaming performance of the integrated graphics) then the money that would be spent on the GT 730 would be better saved and spent later on a decent graphics card.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - dark mode Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

Trash beauty:

Xeon X5550RX 570 4GB (defective) -Fattydove Racing 240GB - WD Blue 320GB - HP Z400 - 6x2GB DDR3 1066 - EVGA 450W3

How many watts do I need? Seasonic Focus thread, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad