Gaming Laptops with best cooling out of the box?

Which gaming laptops have the best cooling and why? What to look out for when buying a laptop, in terms of cooling?  For example I heard good things about the Lenovo Legion 7s, don't own one though. 

Budget Gamer at heart.

1 hour ago, Brandi93 said:

Which gaming laptops have the best cooling and why? What to look out for when buying a laptop, in terms of cooling?  For example I heard good things about the Lenovo Legion 7s, don't own one though. 

It’s a lot like stereos in the 90’s.  Buy by weight.  The best cooling is probably on some gigantic $4k desktop replacement that assumes you have a rather large lap.  Cooling is in general about fin surface area (fans also play a role.  As air speed gets higher noise increases) The more fin surface area the more fins the more weight.  So in a way you’re asking “which are the heaviest loudest laptops”?  One thing I’ve been expecting for some time but haven’t seen is aluminum fins with very thin (like a few molecules thick)  copper electroplating.  Copper is heavy but conducts heat better.  Probably a reason. 

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 hours ago, Brandi93 said:

Laptops always run at their thermal limits, at least with Intel CPUs. My ASUS ROG STRIX G17 (the 2020 model) can handle around 85W of pure CPU load and around the same on the GPU. The GPU stays at 85W in games, the CPU maxes out at ~45-50W because of a thermal limit.

On 6/25/2022 at 12:55 PM, Brandi93 said:

Well it depends on what you are looking for because we can recommend you a laptop that is barely portable but has great cooling. Or we recommend you a normal weighted laptop with still good cooling.

So fill in the standard form with budget, usecase,... all that stuff