Some Important Tips That You Should Pay Attention When Building a PC As a Newbie

Zaytung

If you are planning to buy a computer and you intend to build you PC that you can choose the components instead of ready-made systems,there are some things you should pay attention to. Because the parts of a system being compatible with each other means maximum perfomence for you money. So what mistakes should we avoid?

Maybe you want to have your dream case as a design,maybe you are looking for a system that will run the games you want to experience at high performance. However, you should choose the components according to your needs and make sure that they will work in harmony. For example,you do not need to put 32GB memory in a computer that you will only use for office and writing works. Because you will probably never use most of it. Similarly,you should determine your other parts according to things you will do with this PC.

The most important point and perhaps the common mistake is the mismatch between parts. The most common situation is the compatiblity of the processor and motherboard. As you know,there are two diffrent processor manufacturers in the market; AMD and Intel. Each processor produced by these brands has diffrent sockets and straactures. Therefore,it is impossible to run every processor on the same motherboard.

For example, if you have an Intel-based motherboard, you cannot choose a processor that have been processor by AMD. Or you cannot use a DDR4 RAM in a motherboard with DDR3 RAM slot. On the other hand,it is necessary to pay attention to compatibility with the GPU and CPU.The situation we call the "bottleneck",unfortunately,has started to happen a lot lately. In short, the reason for the bottleneck is that the processor and graphics card cannot offer some level of performence.So if the processor is not good enough for you graphics card then in some games it is possible you to see this kind of an issue.

However, they are only some of the mismatches that could happen and you should understand that there are plenty of them. But you will find the opportunity to learn more as you read such articles. Thanks for reading this and your comments means a lot for me.

1 hour ago, Zaytung said:

If you are planning to buy a computer and you intend to build you PC that you can choose the components instead of ready-made systems,there are some things you should pay attention to. Because the parts of a system being compatible with each other means maximum perfomence for you money. So what mistakes should we avoid?

Maybe you want to have your dream case as a design,maybe you are looking for a system that will run the games you want to experience at high performance. However, you should choose the components according to your needs and make sure that they will work in harmony. For example,you do not need to put 32GB memory in a computer that you will only use for office and writing works. Because you will probably never use most of it. Similarly,you should determine your other parts according to things you will do with this PC.

The most important point and perhaps the common mistake is the mismatch between parts. The most common situation is the compatiblity of the processor and motherboard. As you know,there are two diffrent processor manufacturers in the market; AMD and Intel. Each processor produced by these brands has diffrent sockets and straactures. Therefore,it is impossible to run every processor on the same motherboard.

For example, if you have an Intel-based motherboard, you cannot choose a processor that have been processor by AMD. Or you cannot use a DDR4 RAM in a motherboard with DDR3 RAM slot. On the other hand,it is necessary to pay attention to compatibility with the GPU and CPU.The situation we call the "bottleneck",unfortunately,has started to happen a lot lately. In short, the reason for the bottleneck is that the processor and graphics card cannot offer some level of performence.So if the processor is not good enough for you graphics card then in some games it is possible you to see this kind of an issue.

However, they are only some of the mismatches that could happen and you should understand that there are plenty of them. But you will find the opportunity to learn more as you read such articles. Thanks for reading this and your comments means a lot for me.

There seems to be only one tip here: make sure you cpu is compatible with your motherboard

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

-> Moved to Guides and Tutorials

Please mind where you are posting.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Here is a tip: Don't enter a product key or activate Windows until you are done with any potential overclocking and you feel your system is stable and all your parts are working. I recently built a system and I didn't activate until about 2 months into ownership.

It's not a huge deal... but it will save you an annoying conversation with a Microsoft rep to get everything sorted out in case you have to replace something major in your new system.

• 4 months later...
On 6/25/2022 at 11:11 AM, johnt said:

Here is a tip: Don't enter a product key or activate Windows until you are done with any potential overclocking and you feel your system is stable and all your parts are working. I recently built a system and I didn't activate until about 2 months into ownership.

It's not a huge deal... but it will save you an annoying conversation with a Microsoft rep to get everything sorted out in case you have to replace something major in your new system.

Never heard this before, but seems super useful. Thank you!