First pc build, help!!

aoxo13

Budget (including currency): N/A

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: casual gaming, cod, Elden ring, etc

Other details: my part list from PCPartPicker: List 1 AND List 2 

please give me your opinions on this. I am really looking to see which build would be better but I am open to opinions/suggestions :) I already impulsively bought the monitor so Im not looking to replace that. the list with the intel cpu was my first list but I was a bit hesitant on it since my monitor has and freesync premium and was wondering if It would just be better to get an amd cpu or if it even matters (I am completely new to all of this so I dont know much about parts and whatnot) please give me all your opinion! 🙂

Yea send em both to hell

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/vsGmxs

Cut cost on aesthetics while making it have mostly the same theme, psu is ignored cause it isnt visible and gpu + ssd have been upgraded (though gen4 is overkill so i suggest saving the ~50$ and getting a gen3 like crucial p5, vpn100, etc.)

9 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Yea send em both to hell

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/vsGmxs

Cut cost on aesthetics while making it have mostly the same theme, psu is ignored cause it isnt visible and gpu + ssd have been upgraded (though gen4 is overkill so i suggest saving the ~50$ and getting a gen3 like crucial p5, vpn100, etc.)

All I'm sayin, is if theme is majorly important: can work with that. I am hesitant to all white builds because unless everything is filtered and you are fastidious about dusting it will never look as clean and white as it did when you put it together. 

11 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

All I'm sayin, is if theme is majorly important: can work with that. I am hesitant to all white builds because unless everything is filtered and you are fastidious about dusting it will never look as clean and white as it did when you put it together. 

Forgot white is easy asf to ruin with even the littlest of scratches or dust, atleast back will hide that pretty well cause black

12 hours ago, BiotechBen said:

Ok, first: how important is the all white aesthetic and RGB to you? I can give you half a dozen builds at different budgets that have a theme of "value" over "pretty".

I would like a white/black aesthetic (def leaning towards black with some white now) and RGB is something that I would like to show for aesthetics but not everything has to be RGB (if that makes sense). But if there's anything that I should change for the sake of performance than I am very willing to change that! The only think I wouldn't want to do is go over $2k

11 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Forgot white is easy asf to ruin with even the littlest of scratches or dust, atleast back will hide that pretty well cause black

I didn't even think of this....def reconsidering that white build. Thank you for your list!!

13 hours ago, aoxo13 said:

Budget (including currency): N/A

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: casual gaming, cod, Elden ring, etc

Other details: my part list from PCPartPicker: List 1 AND List 2 

please give me your opinions on this. I am really looking to see which build would be better but I am open to opinions/suggestions :) I already impulsively bought the monitor so Im not looking to replace that. the list with the intel cpu was my first list but I was a bit hesitant on it since my monitor has and freesync premium and was wondering if It would just be better to get an amd cpu or if it even matters (I am completely new to all of this so I dont know much about parts and whatnot) please give me all your opinion! 🙂

Updated list: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/arisoxo13/saved/#view=KFhBqs

thoughts??

6 hours ago, aoxo13 said:

The liquid cooler is a waste of money for a 5600X. Think putting a huuuuuge intercooler on your old Volvo tdi wagon. You can get a cool tower with RGB fans for significantly less, or buy the rad 240mm, not 360mm and then some RGB fans to go on top.

8 hours ago, aoxo13 said:

I didn't even think of this....def reconsidering that white build. Thank you for your list!!

Don't think of it, it's not true, unless you're constantly picking your PC up and moving it around. If it's just sitting on your desk it's not likely to pick up scratches or cosmetic damage. As for dust, you should be regularly dusting the system anyway.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16