Some, not all, games crash to desktop. Dont know where to go next.

Bought a pre-built pc (i know... i know) about a year ago. Immediately started having games crash. Not all games, but most of them. the games I'm able to play are very inconsistent in regards to their power draw. examples of what im talking about:

Games that work flawlessly: Rocket league, Diablo 2 remaster, destiny 2.

Games i can play with periodical crashes: Tiny Tinas, Far Cry 5

Games that crash almost instantly: Cyberpunk, borderland 3, planet coaster

Am fairly new to PC but have researched quite a bit on what could be causing the crashes to no avail, and have made upgrades in an attempt to fix it.

Current build:

MoBo- gigabyte z590 ud ac (came installed)

GPU- nvidea geforce 1660 super (came installed)

Ram- Gskill trident 16gb (new installed myself)

PSU- Corsair RM650x (new installed myself)

CPU- intel I7 11700k lga1200(new installed myself, literally today, used to run an intel i5 10400f)

as far as i can tell all of my drivers are up to date, and components seem to be fine after running numerous stress tests. I also swapped my friends GPU with mine to test if mine was failing, same exact gpu. games still crashing.

im at the end of the line as far to what i feel comfortable doing on my own, so here i am asking for help. 

This might be software related. Have you tried searching the web for "Cyberpunk crashing" etc. I recently had issues with a game and apparently there was a missing dll file. It wasn't a driver, it was something windows related I believe. 

35 minutes ago, DCCFan said:

This might be software related. Have you tried searching the web for "Cyberpunk crashing" etc. I recently had issues with a game and apparently there was a missing dll file. It wasn't a driver, it was something windows related I believe. 

yes i have searched for specific game crash solutions. none of them seem to help. Im wondering if it might be a BIOS issue, as ive seen that pop up in numerous searches, but still dont understand enough about BIOS updates, and have seen that they could cause big issues if done incorrectly. 

Seems i have solved the issue. turned out i did in fact need a bios update. Was afraid if bricking my pc but i took the appropriate steps it worked flawlessly.

6 hours ago, king_bazil056 said:

Seems i have solved the issue. turned out i did in fact need a bios update. Was afraid if bricking my pc but i took the appropriate steps it worked flawlessly.

That's great! Glad it worked out.