Flickering A-RGB arctic p12 pwm pst fans, want to get better fans for my 360mm radiator. Whats good?

MultiGamerClub
Just now, NorKris said:

we now know that none of the ARGB devices are bad

oh so its the controller then... well i mean you can get a corsair controller and buy or diy adapters. if you want full control of them there another adapter for that. will cost a bit thow.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

Just now, thrasher_565 said:

oh so its the controller then... well i mean you can get a corsair controller and buy or diy adapters. if you want full control of them there another adapter for that. will cost a bit thow.

it CAN be the controller. but he also might have too many devices on it. 
like i said. i cant find the specs for it. but i guess its close or the same as the h500m controller. and if it is he is 4 leds from the limit..

1 minute ago, NorKris said:

like i said. i cant find the specs for it. but i guess its close or the same as the h500m controller. and if it is he is 4 leds from the limit..

https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/coolers/rgb-accessories/argb-led-controller/#specifications

Hope that page helps.

Also not sure, but 4 leds from limit? It should take it but maybe its not as good as i thought xD

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

Just now, NorKris said:

ya that's another problem they dont tell what the limit of the controller is how many on 1 port or in total... we do have specs of the corsair controller thow but you can also pull 5v from the psu instead of the controller to bypass the limit but that's diy

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

1 minute ago, MultiGamerClub said:

https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/coolers/rgb-accessories/argb-led-controller/#specifications

Hope that page helps.

Also not sure, but 4 leds from limit? It should take it but maybe its not as good as i thought xD

by specs i mean max leds or/and max amp.. its not listed. 

@MultiGamerClubYou wouldn’t have SignslRGB installed in the background by any chance? I’ve tried this program recently & although it was great for syncing colours across my system, one of the issues that made me disable it (for now), is that it made my fans flicker on every startup of the PC…I’d need to disable/enable the flickering RGB device to fix it every time.

Also, does your flickering happen whether you have static colours, or only ‘motion’ pattern colours? I ask because I have two 3 x Arctic Bionix P120 ARGB fan chains, & on each chain, the third fan reacts weird only to rainbow patterns (which I don’t use anyway). If I use two fans in the chains, they’re ok. So maybe the motion pattern is asking too much of the number of fans you have & they freak out (as @NorKris& @thrasher_565mention above).

well to be fair the controller is rated for 1 fan per port so anything above this is bonus. some times it will say how many leds per port. if its an artic controller its been deigned for artic fans and how many leds they have per fan. some controller well only have 4 ports 4 say can do 12 fans well that would mane you can use a splitor and hook 3 fans to one port. 

if you want each fan to do its own thing then you need each fan off of an mb header or on a controller that has many ports that can be controlled differently like corsair can do 12 fans wit the pro and 6 with the core the core xt is confusing as it can do 6 pulse a another 6 buy the hub but i dont no how thows are controlled so safe to say 6 to 7???

if you want em all to sync up and dont care about each fan doing its own thing you can daisy chain em up to the aloud port number of fans or use a powered splitter.

I notice @MultiGamerClub’s motherboard has the below bling ports…

• 2x 4-pin RGB LED connectors
  • 2x 3-pin RAINBOW LED connectors

So maybe he could ease the demand on the controller by connecting 1 or 2 groups of 3 daisy-chained fans direct to the motherboard’s (Rainbow) LED headers.

5 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

well to be fair the controller is rated for 1 fan per port so anything above this is bonus. some times it will say how many leds per port. if its an artic controller its been deigned for artic fans and how many leds they have per fan. some controller well only have 4 ports 4 say can do 12 fans well that would mane you can use a splitor and hook 3 fans to one port. 

if you want each fan to do its own thing then you need each fan off of an mb header or on a controller that has many ports that can be controlled differently like corsair can do 12 fans wit the pro and 6 with the core the core xt is confusing as it can do 6 pulse a another 6 buy the hub but i dont no how thows are controlled so safe to say 6 to 7???

if you want em all to sync up and dont care about each fan doing its own thing you can daisy chain em up to the aloud port number of fans or use a powered splitter.

from the very similar h500m one 2a per but 3a max 

Ok

i have done the testing. bad news..
the flickering happens even with 1 device connected.. however..

image.png.6e361f8c8ac6225f41e934d07a00bd8f.png

it only happens with the controllers on the right side. they are different from the controller on the left
controller on the left is 100% blinkfree

so if u have the "almost see through controller"  😞 

@MultiGamerClubThermalright just released White and Black ARGB versions of their better TL-B12 fans. They should be extremely competitive to Arctic P12 ARGB 🙂

spacer.png

spacer.png

10 hours ago, Ralfi said:

@MultiGamerClubYou wouldn’t have SignslRGB installed in the background by any chance? I’ve tried this program recently & although it was great for syncing colours across my system, one of the issues that made me disable it (for now), is that it made my fans flicker on every startup of the PC…I’d need to disable/enable the flickering RGB device to fix it every time.

Also, does your flickering happen whether you have static colours, or only ‘motion’ pattern colours? I ask because I have two 3 x Arctic Bionix P120 ARGB fan chains, & on each chain, the third fan reacts weird only to rainbow patterns (which I don’t use anyway). If I use two fans in the chains, they’re ok. So maybe the motion pattern is asking too much of the number of fans you have & they freak out (as @NorKris& @thrasher_565mention above).

No i dont use that software, never heard of it actually until now.

Only happens when there are multiple colours in use, usually never when its a static color.. But some patterns or modes in the static colours fails too.. and flickers.. So for all i know..

7 hours ago, Ralfi said:

I notice @MultiGamerClub’s motherboard has the below bling ports…

• 2x 4-pin RGB LED connectors
  • 2x 3-pin RAINBOW LED connectors

So maybe he could ease the demand on the controller by connecting 1 or 2 groups of 3 daisy-chained fans direct to the motherboard’s (Rainbow) LED headers.

I'll have to see on this, really dont want to order another if it can be fixed haha xD

2 hours ago, NorKris said:

Ok

i have done the testing. bad news..
the flickering happens even with 1 device connected.. however..

image.png.6e361f8c8ac6225f41e934d07a00bd8f.png

it only happens with the controllers on the right side. they are different from the controller on the left
controller on the left is 100% blinkfree

so if u have the "almost see through controller"  😞 

Mine's solid, but you can kind of see through it with the lights on in the darkness.. But its solid so 😐

Will test a bit and see what happens.

2 hours ago, Dogzilla07 said:

@MultiGamerClubThermalright just released White and Black ARGB versions of their better TL-B12 fans. They should be extremely competitive to Arctic P12 ARGB 🙂

spacer.png

spacer.png

When these comes to norway, i have my doubts our taxes wont eat through them like they do with noctua fans and arctic fans regardless of price..

Coolermaster and arctic seems to be the only fans thats not overpriced to some extent, been a while since i searched for better fans tho.

Im leaning more over to ML120's from corsair, but their not avaible in white sadly.

Will actually have to google a bit on the Thermalright fans haha xD

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

Rip color, fans are spassing out even more now after i tried cabling one out.. This is turning out to be a troubleshooting thing. Not sure if i ask it to be moved?

(Thanks mods for moving the thread.)

Anyway i think im just gonna rma the fans and get a brand new H150i corsair 360mm rgb cooler for 150$..

As it turns out, if i switch to the corsair cooler.. my brother wants my old 360mm haha, its kinda funny.

Ah well, it works out in the end i hope.

Looking at ordering 6x ML120's used from a guy in Olso (our capital), so maybe i'll just switch anyway.

No idea if i'll use the fans if they continiue to bug out.. Gonna test them out seperatly tho once their out of my case.

Edited by MultiGamerClub

haha this thread is move to the wrong place? 

but is this thread a user error?

image.png.fa55d25b311fa16fb34ba4b60417f593.png

i think so. you have another ARGB controller..............

1 minute ago, NorKris said:

haha this thread is move to the wrong place? 

Well it did end up being a troubleshooting thread in the end with the possible solutions or testing above..

Honestly, ive now ordered 7xML120 RGB PRO and a Corsair H150i RGB PRO 360MM Radiator / AIO.

Gonna RMA the arcitc fans and see what they say.

Just now, NorKris said:

but is this thread a user error?

image.png.fa55d25b311fa16fb34ba4b60417f593.png

i think so. you have another ARGB controller..............

Hmm... Always thought that was RGB, gonna move the top cables and see what happens when i plug them in..

Just now, MultiGamerClub said:

Well it did end up being a troubleshooting thread in the end with the possible solutions or testing above..

Honestly, ive now ordered 7xML120 RGB PRO and a Corsair H150i RGB PRO 360MM Radiator / AIO.

Gonna RMA the arcitc fans and see what they say.

so more user error  XD  

we know that ur fans are ok 

Also now that i noticed it.. The fans is the only one buzzing / spassing.. The aio pump a-rgb is NOT spassing....

🤔

1 hour ago, NorKris said:

so more user error  XD  

we know that ur fans are ok 

This is taking a weird turn, I'm not getting a signal on my monitor..

Oof. Maybe my g7 is dying again for the fifth time lol.

The jrainbow gives normal color on the top fans, but the pc won't even show any signal so.. Guess I'm starting to dive into uncertain territories.

7 hours ago, MultiGamerClub said:

Im leaning more over to ML120's from corsair, but their not avaible in white sadly.

the new ML120 Elite are, if you can get them in your country