Is there a way to install windows on an android device?

I'm just wondering if there is a way to install windows on my Samsung tab s7 so that I have windows on the go.

15 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

Nope, not possible on that particular tablet. 

But that suggests there is a way to install windows on other Androids...?

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker

3 minutes ago, venomtail said:

But that suggests there is a way to install windows on other Androids...?

Numerous devices that shipped with Android have had ARM versions of Windows hacked on to them over the years, yes. That isn't one of them. 

Its never a straight forward process, either. 

3 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

Numerous devices that shipped with Android have had ARM versions of Windows hacked on to them over the years, yes. That isn't one of them. 

Its never a straight forward process, either. 

Might be worth the hassle. Always wanted to play some old 2000's PC game while on the go. Many phones are powerful enough to run 2012 AAA titles, crazy times we live in.

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker

14 minutes ago, venomtail said:

Might be worth the hassle. Always wanted to play some old 2000's PC game while on the go. Many phones are powerful enough to run 2012 AAA titles, crazy times we live in.

probably not as you might not be able to have a playable framerate with how Microsoft's conversion of x86 to ARM translation is known to be.

23 minutes ago, venomtail said:

Just because windows works doesn't mean the games will

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

All of this is with the assumption that some bored developer decided they wanted to tackle a project like this for a new device. These things rarely if ever turn into daily drivable experiences, more proof of concepts. 

On 6/23/2022 at 10:39 AM, Voltron123friends said:

I'm just wondering if there is a way to install windows on my Samsung tab s7 so that I have windows on the go.

The only thing you MIGHT be able to do is install a really outdated version of Windows under a VM. Will run like crap... but that is the closest you can get.

While ARM based devices have a lot of similarities to PCs, a lot of work has been done to lock those devices down, including, not doing a lot of the needed work to have the platform open... This is not helped by the fact that the SoC manufacturers (Qualcomm, Samsung and MediaTek) are keeping their drivers behind closed doors, not to mention there is no Windows support. Android only. (Beside extremely specific SoC's from Qualcomm for Windows 10/11 ARM64).

Devices that has a very strong community, and willingness to bring Windows on the unsupported device, can sometimes make that into a reality, but while it is a nice demo, and proof of concept... in the end it is just that. Lack of official drivers prevents a fully functional device. Often the performance is crap, you have visual issues, and features, like the camera, might not work, not to mention loss of power efficiency (CPU/GPU goes full powered, even at idle, draining battery quickly, and of course lead to a hot device)

Recently i've seen many people getting windows to run on a Oneplus 6 T. it certainly runs but i wouldnt suggest actually doing it. This is where the steam deck comes in. if you want some mobile gaming device get a steam deck, it'd be the price of a samsung tablet or mid tier phone anyway.