Remodeling my house, what cables should I run from desktop to TV?

lokiagent

Doing a full remodel and addition on my house. I've already run ethernet to each room, and a couple extra runs to use wireless access points. I've got an ethernet run to the TV, but I would also like to use my desktop on the TV, so what cables should I run?

The length is just under 50ft. I've been thinking a direct cat6 run, for HDMI over ethernet, but a 50ft active cable might just be easier. I also was looking and could not find a 50ft usb cable that can do data to plug in a mouse and keyboard. 

Although the run isn't too long, the TV and desktop are in different rooms, I haven't been able to test anything yet, but I don't want to rely on a wireless keyboard communicating through walls to the desktop. 

I'm going to recommend a PVC conduit with a pull string so you can run any wire you want and add or change wires as time goes on.

I think running cables across rooms gets pricey really quickly. LLT has shown a video videos where you can use an optical cable and compatible docking station. I believe this can also handle video as well. Not sure about pricing or branding.

Best of luck. You may want to consider asking your question on AV forums as well. Those guys usually have a bit more money to burn.

^ is the correct answer.  You don't want to limit yourself to today's tech when you can run some conduit to make it easy to pull any wire you need in the future.  

Good wireless peripherals should easily work between a wall and ~15ft.

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

I'd go with a 3" diameter conduit, just so you can cram multiple cables/wires into it (including their plug heads) without issue.  Can run a hub/USB-extension from your PC to somewhere closer to the where you operate the TV, and use a RF get the signal from your wireless devices.  I don't think any runs of 50' via USB are recommended--unless powered.