Internet Sharing through Ethernet fully functions on the recipient PC but completely disables internet access for the sharing PC

So this is a bizarre problem. I have a PC that occasionally runs game servers for my friends, and I'm using a Plume Wifi pod to connect to the internet via Ethernet as I'm not close enough to the router to plug in directly, and my PC does not have a Wifi card. Problem is, both PCs kind of need internet access or else it's pointless hosting a server I can't play on or not having a server at all (my own PC is not strong enough to run a server and client on the particular games we play at the same time or conveniently host 24/7, or else I would do this instead). Also, the wifi pod itself doesn't have the ports to accept two PCs. So, a relatively easy solution is to connect the server computer to my main gaming PC and route the connection through that with Windows' built in internet sharing. This has worked thus far and almost completely flawlessly; until recently both computers had full speed and access to the internet.

Problem is, now for some reason only the server computer is getting internet access. As soon as I enable sharing on my gaming PC, the connection is completely severed but my server PC has full access. YouTube works (sometimes) for whatever reason on my gaming PC, but every other service refuses to connect. In Windows Command prompt, pinging the IP addresses of the websites I'm failing to connect to in a browser elicits a response as expected under normal conditions, but actually connecting in a browser does not work (I can ping Speedtest.net for example but can't actually connect in my browser). TL;DR: Server PC gets internet, but kills my main PC's internet.

I have some forwarding settings to the server PC for particular ports set up (so it can actually communicate with players and etc) but they aren't any networking ports that are used typically, only Minecraft's port (25565) and an alternate port I use for my servers that's not far from it. I'm almost certain none of the forwarded ports are causing the problem.

Any help would be appreciated, I know this is a very niche situation as I haven't found anything on Google (which is why I'm posting here), but if more information is needed I'll be glad to provide. Also due to the nature of the issue I might have gotten stuff wrong as I can't exactly verify info without disconnecting from my internet, if that's the case I'll fix it

Specs are on my profile, if important.

Edited by OPMegaLatias

On 6/21/2022 at 1:53 PM, OPMegaLatias said:

...the wifi pod itself doesn't have the ports to accept two PCs.

Keep it simple.

Plug in any cheap unmanaged gigabit switch into the ethernet port coming from the Plume device. Then plug your other PCs into the switch via ethernet.

On 6/24/2022 at 9:30 AM, Falcon1986 said:

Plug in any cheap unmanaged gigabit switch into the ethernet port coming from the Plume device. Then plug your other PCs into the switch via ethernet.

I do not have a network switch nor money for one else I would have tried that

1 hour ago, OPMegaLatias said:

I do not have a network switch nor money for one else I would have tried that

OK.

What you're trying to do is not conventional, and is subject to issues down the line. If you're serious about running the server and client on the same LAN while maintaining online access, independent ethernet uplinks for each computer is best and simplest. As a matter of fact, I'm surprised you're not getting high latency through the wireless bridge you've establish with the Plume devices. Consider a simple $15 unmanaged gigabit switch in the future.

As it stands now with ICS, have you assigned each computer's NIC a static LAN IP within the same subnet? What are the IP assignments that you're using?

I'm very aware what I'm doing is unconventional, like I said though I'm not a serious server provider and it's just occasionally for me and my friends. My latency and my friends' latency seems just fine for what it is, rarely over 30-40ms for my friends that live relatively close

I'll see about the switch, I'm a broke teenager at the moment but I'm hopefully gonna pick up a job soon so that may be an option.

Also, I'm not exactly experienced with networking, and so I can't say I fully understand what you're saying. Any way you can rephrase that? Are you asking for the local IP addresses I'm using for my server/gaming pcs?

4 hours ago, OPMegaLatias said:

I'll see about the switch, I'm a broke teenager at the moment but I'm hopefully gonna pick up a job soon so that may be an option.

Also, I'm not exactly experienced with networking, and so I can't say I fully understand what you're saying. Any way you can rephrase that? Are you asking for the local IP addresses I'm using for my server/gaming pcs?

Do you have computer recyclers where you live?  Or some sort of computer group?  Gigabit switches are so cheap I wouldn't be surprised if you could find a used one for even cheaper, or find someone who can give you one for free.

Or an older router that supports OpenWRT could do the Internet sharing itself with a built-in switch.  Sad to say I've thrown things in the trash that could do this, they have so little used value after a certain age.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

On 6/30/2022 at 9:52 PM, Alex Atkin UK said:

Do you have computer recyclers where you live?  Or some sort of computer group?  Gigabit switches are so cheap I wouldn't be surprised if you could find a used one for even cheaper, or find someone who can give you one for free.

Like electronics scrapyards? I think there's a couple of them around me. I'll go check on some online marketplaces to see if there's anyone who wants to get rid of one for cheap as well