anyone have a fix for vanguard user mode service using 30-50% of cpu usage? While playing valorant only.

Daishi
5 hours ago, Daishi said:

308491483_DesktopScreenshot2022_05.27-19_44_02_00.thumb.png.92ad147a5c084576b196ddfcd94e0002.png

My friend had a similar issue, reinstalling the game fixed his issue, but  before you reinstall, here is a fix from reddit: "I get this issue everytime the game updates. I have found a fix, it seems to work but kinda annoying. Start the game like normal, check the cpu usage of vanguard. If it's high, force close it from the task manager, then in game click "quit" when it says connection error. Then just restart the game and it should be fine. Mine usually goes from 40% cpu to 4%"

11 hours ago, Captinjigglesworth said:

My friend had a similar issue, reinstalling the game fixed his issue, but  before you reinstall, here is a fix from reddit: "I get this issue everytime the game updates. I have found a fix, it seems to work but kinda annoying. Start the game like normal, check the cpu usage of vanguard. If it's high, force close it from the task manager, then in game click "quit" when it says connection error. Then just restart the game and it should be fine. Mine usually goes from 40% cpu to 4%"

I have tried reinstalling valorant but it still didn't work. I've researched so many times abour this issue but nothing seems to work for me.

20 hours ago, Daishi said:

308491483_DesktopScreenshot2022_05.27-19_44_02_00.thumb.png.92ad147a5c084576b196ddfcd94e0002.png

I have the same issue tried reinstalling 2 times, creating a ticket on riot games. Nothing works.

hi guys! I just have the same problem when down grade from win11 back to win10 ( not sure it because of the windows10 or not cause i'm not playing for like a month be for go back to windows10 ) and i think i have a Fix for you guys to try out seem it work for me.

first you guys need to uninstall all Riot client,Valroant and Riot Vanguard for your PC then clean all cache and %temp% files then you guys gonna turn all Firewall and Real-time protection off while install Riot client and Valorant. You need to save your Riot Client and Valorant in different disk don't save it on disk C with Riot Vanguard ( usally on C with windows Program files. ) and try not to use MSI afterburner OSD and Discord overlay while playing.After that you just need to turn back on your system firewall and Real-time protection.

Since doing that my Vanguard user mod service only run 2-3% but sometime when new round begin in buy phase it will crank up to 18-20% but it will go back to 2-3% and stay still in mid game.

In my opinion it from Riot and it pretty annoying when i only have a i5 4570 hope they fix this in the next update 

I went through and downloaded all the latest window patching set it to this app as admin nothing seems to work.
I get high power usage on my end everytime I start valorant all of a suddent tried to uninstall the game and that didn't work either.

My computer is a beast so it's not hitting max cpu or anything...but it's giving high power usage and crashing my game...

I work in IT and have yet to find a sufficient solution for this...I thought I fixed it last night because it finally worked...then this morning I try to play again same problem.

Update: you guys may want to try this as well.

Got it working now I uninstalled from control panel and removed all valorant files from my pc.

Visit the link below and try to uninstall and remove corrupt registry settings as well.

Keep in mind that each time your remove things from the pc it doesn't flush it until you restart the pc.

Link for registry locations below as well as file locations: 

https://www.advanceduninstaller.com/VALORANT-1a37f3c1cd957d99cf617d530f735e73-application.htm

On 6/16/2022 at 4:24 PM, DRS852 said:

hi guys! I just have the same problem when down grade from win11 back to win10 ( not sure it because of the windows10 or not cause i'm not playing for like a month be for go back to windows10 ) and i think i have a Fix for you guys to try out seem it work for me.

first you guys need to uninstall all Riot client,Valroant and Riot Vanguard for your PC then clean all cache and %temp% files then you guys gonna turn all Firewall and Real-time protection off while install Riot client and Valorant. You need to save your Riot Client and Valorant in different disk don't save it on disk C with Riot Vanguard ( usally on C with windows Program files. ) and try not to use MSI afterburner OSD and Discord overlay while playing.After that you just need to turn back on your system firewall and Real-time protection.

Since doing that my Vanguard user mod service only run 2-3% but sometime when new round begin in buy phase it will crank up to 18-20% but it will go back to 2-3% and stay still in mid game.

In my opinion it from Riot and it pretty annoying when i only have a i5 4570 hope they fix this in the next update 

this worked for me so far, thank you!!!

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/19/2022 at 1:07 AM, MikeBiff said:

this worked for me so far, thank you!!!

Hi, I have the same problem with the cpu
I did the steps to install in another disk other than c, deactivating the firewall and if when I entered the valorant it ran very well without a problem with the vanguard and my cpu but later when I re-entered lateragain I had the problem of the vanguard consuming between 30-40 of my cpu and I don't know what other solution I can use

• 2 months later...

Encountered the same problem. reinstalled valorant and riot but nothing changed. updated graphics driver and windows, still same problem. turns out the problem was discord overlay. just turn it off and you'll be fine. 

• 8 months later...

i have found a solution that actually works.if your one win11 and get this annoying high usage just go to task manager right click on vanguard and click on efficiency mode it dropped my usage from above 80% all the time to between 40 and 60 hope this helps