This Banggood PSU is Literally a Fire Hazard

AlexTheGreatish

How sketchy is a 3450W PSU from Banggood? Shockingly bad.

Buy an ASUS TUF RTX 3080: https://geni.us/Bbxlo

Buy an ASUS STRIX RTX 3080: https://geni.us/Kz5TX

Buy an MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 3080: https://geni.us/4bDVt

Buy an Gigabyte AORUS RTX 3080: https://geni.us/B5LEb58

Buy an Zotac Trinity OC RTX 3080: https://geni.us/KgFTR

Purchases made through some store links may provide some compensation to Linus Media Group.

It bangs real good.

tumblr_md38wcbNpZ1rgt79vo1_500.gif

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Well, 4th of july is gettin closer.
A good time to research about stuffs that can replace classic fireworks.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

I think my friend has a similar powersupply like this, but its only 2000w for his mining rig.. Think im gonna give him a call, because its the same brand and that scares me.

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

The 3450 W isn't that bad to be fair. Or at least as far as 230 V 16 A outlets go.

Though, the soldering job in that PSU could obviously be better. And not having the switch terminate the actual AC power is horrendous of the manufacturer... As if the 90+ thingy weren't sufficiently abhorrent...

But I do have to say that LMG should probably invest in some basic soldering tools. Like a bottle of liquid flux, some desoldering wick, and perhaps an iron with a directly heated tip instead of the ceramic heater in a sleeve. (trust me, the difference between directly heated tips and indirect ones is night and day.)

Another thing LMG should probably have in the test lab is a simple 240 V 50 Hz supply, or just a proper power supply tester that can give more or less any voltage at any frequency. (or if one wants to be really jank, then a VFD + variac goes a long way as a universal "inverter".)

Though, personally I would test a PSU like this with some 12 V light bulbs as the load. (mainly since my electronic load doesn't do 3kW for some weird reason...)

Banggood:
A name you can't trust. 
Frankly the name itself sounds like what they are doing "Behind the Back" of each and every customer that buys one of these.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

9:51 Why not use  something like "X3 screw terminals", these are Many times safer than the wire connectors you guys use.

╔═════════════╦═══════════════════════════════════════════╗
║__________________║ hardware_____________________________________________________ ║
╠═════════════╬═══════════════════════════════════════════╣
║ cpu ______________║ ryzen 9 5900x_________________________________________________ ║
║ GPU______________║ ASUS strix LC RX6800xt______________________________________ _║
║ motherboard_______ ║ asus crosshair formulla VIII______________________________________║
║ memory___________║ CMW32GX4M2Z3600C18 ______________________________________║
║ SSD______________║ Samsung 980 PRO 1TB_________________________________________ ║
║ PSU______________║ Corsair RM850x 850W _______________________ __________________║
║ CPU cooler _______ ║ Be Quiet be quiet! PURE LOOP 360mm ____________________________║
║ Case_____________ ║ Thermaltake Core X71 __________________________________________║
║ HDD_____________ ║ 2TB and 6TB HDD ____________________________________________║
║ Front IO__________   ║ LG blu-ray drive & 3.5" card reader, [trough a 5.25 to 3.5 bay]__________║
║ OS_______________ ║ Windows 10 PRO______________________________________________║
╚═════════════╩═══════════════════════════════════════════╝

tbh the power supply might be the one thing I wouldn't cheap out on, I mean you can either fry your componnents, fry yourself or your whole house if it's bad... other stuff in a computer don't come with all of these risks...

5 hours ago, Nystemy said:

The 3450 W isn't that bad to be fair. Or at least as far as 230 V 16 A outlets go.

Yeah for anyone running 230/240v power that's fine. For those in the UK a "rapid boil" kettle (aka not a £5 student special) is generally 3kW so this PSU isn't much different. A UK ring circuit is generally* protected by a 30A fuse (6.9kW of power @ 230V), so you could in theory run two of these without blowing the fuse. Not that I think that's a good idea of course...

*other circuits do exist but are uncommon - make sure to check before you do anything stupid.

CPU: i7 4790k, RAM: 16GB DDR3, GPU: GTX 1060 6GB

5 hours ago, Beerzerker said:

Banggood:
A name you can't trust. 
Frankly the name itself sounds like what they are doing "Behind the Back" of each and every customer that buys one of these.

Have you bought from them? No? I have and had no problems.

The name Banggood has a meaning, Bang comes from Chinese and means "good" and Good comes from English to say the same thing.

What about a name such as Beerzerker, does that indicate being drunk?

23 minutes ago, RollyShed said:

Have you bought from them? No? I have and had no problems.

The name Banggood has a meaning, Bang comes from Chinese and means "good" and Good comes from English to say the same thing.

What about a name such as Beerzerker, does that indicate being drunk?

And why did you decide to single me out when everyone here is more or less in agreement these PSU's are crap?  Even the topic of the thread itself (The video) says so.
Trolling?

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana

Linus talks about them making up their own certification, and says approximately "Shouldn't 90 Plus Platinum, if it existed, be Platinum colored?" But the "Certification" on the PSU doesn't even say 90 Plus Platinum. It says "90 Plus Platitum" ...really. Go back and look at 2:31. And I don't think Linus knows any better than the rest of us what color platitum is supposed to be.

28 minutes ago, Beerzerker said:

And why did you decide to single me out when everyone here is more or less in agreement these PSU's are crap?

Because you haven't dealt with the company and didn't know what the name meant.

They do not make the PSUs, only provide access to the PSU company's products.

17 minutes ago, Kevin b said:

Delete the picture

????? what does this mean?

54 minutes ago, RollyShed said:

Because you haven't dealt with the company and didn't know what the name meant.

They do not make the PSUs, only provide access to the PSU company's products.

Not worried about the name's meaning, I'd worry about whether the product is quality or crap.
The name itself doesn't change a thing about that regardless of what it means.

17 minutes ago, Beerzerker said:

Not worried about the name's meaning, I'd worry about whether the product is quality or crap.
The name itself doesn't change a thing about that regardless of what it means.

No, your message was about the company, not specifically about the product.

Your message was -

Banggood:
A name you can't trust. 

Where does that name sounds like "Behind the back"? You were saying because of the name the product might not be good. Not whether the product, no matter where from, was of a specific quality.

17 hours ago, RollyShed said:

No, your message was about the company, not specifically about the product.

Your message was -

Banggood:
A name you can't trust. 

Where does that name sounds like "Behind the back"? You were saying because of the name the product might not be good. Not whether the product, no matter where from, was of a specific quality.

Someone sounds triggered.... And I don't care.
I know Banggood is a vendor, not the actual maker of the PSU.
Thing is it's what they sell and whether if it's quality or just cheap crap.

And if they did or are the actual maker, what's shown in the vid says all I need to know.... In fact it does anyway.
Hard pass either way.

• 10 months later...
On 6/11/2022 at 10:11 AM, AlexTheGreatish said:

How sketchy is a 3450W PSU from Banggood? Shockingly bad.

Buy an ASUS TUF RTX 3080: https://geni.us/Bbxlo

Buy an ASUS STRIX RTX 3080: https://geni.us/Kz5TX

Buy an MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 3080: https://geni.us/4bDVt

Buy an Gigabyte AORUS RTX 3080: https://geni.us/B5LEb58

Buy an Zotac Trinity OC RTX 3080: https://geni.us/KgFTR

Purchases made through some store links may provide some compensation to Linus Media Group.

It will throw you across the room