Corsair HX1200 vs SeaSonic Prime PX-1300

Wolverine2349

I am trying to decide between these 2 power supplies?

Corsair HX1200: https://www.microcenter.com/product/474185/corsair-hx1200-1200-watt-80-plus-platinum-atx-fully-modular-power-supply

Seasonic Prime PX-1300: https://www.microcenter.com/product/648225/seasonic-usa-prime-px-1300-1300-watt-80-plus-platinum-atx-fully-modular-power-supply

They are same price. Based on reviews it seems SeaSonic is better and top notch on voltage regulation with regards to PX-1000. Though not sure how it translates to PX-1300 which is all they have available.

Though is the SeaSonic Prime PX-1300 going to still be an issue with OCP tripping with RTX 3080/3090/3090 Ti cards like in the past or has that issue been fixed??

1300 watts should be plenty for 3000 series. 3090 ti recommends a 1000w PSU so I think 1300 will be fine. 

2 minutes ago, FalseControl said:

1300 watts should be plenty for 3000 series. 3090 ti recommends a 1000w PSU so I think 1300 will be fine. 

Yes it is way more than enough. Even 1000 watt is enough. Though do the SeaSonic Prime ones still have the issue with it tripping and shutting down with Ampere cards?

And how come if SeaSonic is so superior and good, why is it same exact price as Corsair which is 100 watt less.

Is that 1300 watt SeaSonic the same exact platform as the PX-1000 in this review below:

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/seasonic-prime-ultra-platinum-1000w-psu,5397.html

That PSU has top tier of like everything.

6 minutes ago, Wolverine2349 said:

I am trying to decide between these 2 power supplies?

Corsair HX1200: https://www.microcenter.com/product/474185/corsair-hx1200-1200-watt-80-plus-platinum-atx-fully-modular-power-supply

Seasonic Prime PX-1300: https://www.microcenter.com/product/648225/seasonic-usa-prime-px-1300-1300-watt-80-plus-platinum-atx-fully-modular-power-supply

They are same price. Based on reviews it seems SeaSonic is better and top notch on voltage regulation with regards to PX-1000. Though not sure how it translates to PX-1300 which is all they have available.

Though is the SeaSonic Prime PX-1300 going to still be an issue with OCP tripping with RTX 3080/3090/3090 Ti cards like in the past or has that issue been fixed??

Not going to lie here.  The Seasonic is terrible.   I don't know what reviews you're referring to, but  the HX1200 is a far superior PSU.

4 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

Not going to lie here.  The Seasonic is terrible.   I don't know what reviews you're referring to, but  the HX1200 is a far superior PSU.

The review here: https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/seasonic-prime-ultra-platinum-1000w-psu,5397.html

It is for 1000 watt version.

Is the 1300 watt version a newer lesser quality one and not built on same platform but uses same branding to fool people? Cause the 1000 watt PX-1000 Ultra review was excellent from Aris.

There is no similar review for PX-1300 by Aris, but there was for 1000 watt so had nothing else to go by.

Or is even the PX Ultra 1000 watt PSU crappy as well and the Toms Hardware review by Aris is wrong??

The Seasonic is only rated at full load at 40°C. 

image.png.255896cdffab84cf990b358865d1db1f.png

The Corsair is rated at full load at 50°C.

The Seasonic uses 18g wires on the PCIe.  The Corsair uses 16g.

Seriously don't know why people think Seasonic is so superior.

I can vouch for the chonkyness of HX cables. 😂
Having option for multi rail too.
I only own a 1000w one , but damn it is (the cables) chonky. (is there cap inside the insulation as well @jonnyGURU?)

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

1 minute ago, jonnyGURU said:

The Seasonic is only rated at full load at 40°C.  The Corsair is rated at full load at 50°C.  The Seasonic uses 18g wires on the PCIe.  The Corsair uses 16g.

Seriously don't know why people think Seasonic is so superior.

Thanks for the help.

Did not know that. Is that also true for the 1000 watt SeaSonic version?

And how would you compare the Corsair HX1000 and HX1200 to the Super Flower Leadex Platinum platform based 1000 watt/1200 watts like the eVGA Supernova P2 series. I am considering those as well. I know eVGA does not do business with Super Flower anymore, but there are still leftover new unopened stock of SuperNova P2 which is all they have at my local store.

1 minute ago, Poinkachu said:

Having option for multi rail too.
I only own a 1000w one , but damn it is (the cables) chonky. (is there cap inside the insulation as well @jonnyGURU?)

Yeah.  The HX has the caps in them.  But that's not the only reason why the cables are stiffer.  Watch the beginning of this video:

2 minutes ago, Wolverine2349 said:

Thanks for the help.

Did not know that. Is that also true for the 1000 watt SeaSonic version?

And how would you compare the Corsair HX1000 and HX1200 to the Super Flower Leadex Platinum platform based 1000 watt/1200 watts like the eVGA Supernova P2 series. I am considering those as well. I know eVGA does not do business with Super Flower anymore, but there are still leftover new unopened stock of SuperNova P2 which is all they have at my local store.

The P2 is way better than the Seasonic.  It's actually rated at full load at 50°C and has 16g wires on the PCIe cables.  The fan can be pretty loud at high loads, but if you're pushing the PSU that hard, you probably have a lot of other things making noise too.  😄

4 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

The P2 is way better than the Seasonic.  It's actually rated at full load at 50°C and has 16g wires on the PCIe cables.  The fan can be pretty loud at high loads, but if you're pushing the PSU that hard, you probably have a lot of other things making noise too.  😄

How would you say the eVGA P2 is compared to Corsair HX Platinum series. The same or is one any better?? I know Corsair HX has quitter  fan, but any other differences?

11 minutes ago, Wolverine2349 said:

How would you say the eVGA P2 is compared to Corsair HX Platinum series. The same or is one any better?? I know Corsair HX has quitter  fan, but any other differences?

Very similar other than the noise aspect.

And the HX has the single/multiple rail switch.  But that's not a feature to 99% of the people out there.  😄

3 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

Very similar other than the noise aspect.

And the HX has the single/multiple rail switch.  But that's not a feature to 99% of the people out there.  😄

Are the HX Platinum Series the best Corsair has. Or are the RMX series or AX series any better? I know RMX in reviews showed worse results in all but ripple suppression from what I remember?

18 minutes ago, Wolverine2349 said:

Are the HX Platinum Series the best Corsair has. Or are the RMX series or AX series any better? I know RMX in reviews showed worse results in all but ripple suppression from what I remember?

Given the only AXi is 1600W, it's safe to say that HX is Corsair's best product to date.  It was even better than the now discontinued AX.

13 hours ago, Poinkachu said:

@Wolverine2349 HX is your best choice (only choice out of 2 at Microcenter), but the in-cable capacitors are a pain, and very unfortunate.

Here are some alternatives on the link below (EU's version of PcPartPicker), starting with 1200W (the Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 and the Cooler Master V1300 Platinum are very close to the HX, they have almost no, or virtually no cons). The other 3 are a bit worse, in descending order (roughly).

https://geizhals.eu/?cmp=1215556&cmp=2360319&cmp=1990569&cmp=2691189&cmp=1722199&cmp=1805079&active=0

Next for 1000W, The only power supply that matches the Corsair HX is again the V1000 Platinum. And then EVGA G6 and P6 are a decent alternative, and the last two are slightly worse but ok alternatives (XPG Cybercore and MSI A1000G).

https://geizhals.eu/?cmp=1558729&cmp=2555981&cmp=2569909&cmp=1990545&cmp=2691316&cmp=2678657&active=1

Now as for the US market, the Be Quiet Dark Power Pro is available elsewhere in the US (not Microcenter unfortunately).  XPG Cybercore 1000/1300 are available on Amazon.

EVGA G6/P6 are available on amazon, the MSI MPG A1000G is available in Microcenter** (And is a very nice budget Corsair* (made in the same factory as Corsair PSUs). However between the MSI and the Corsair, and only shopping at Microcenter, I'd get the Corsair HX 1000W/1200W.

I ranked them by Aris reviews (all of the ones I mentioned have Tomshardware reviews, and so easy to compare cons list on the first page).

The Corsair HX 1200 is on sale on Amazon currently [for ~$224], and drastically cheaper than at microcenter (It is only significantly cheaper than the weaker HX 1000 model on Amazon):

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MZ8A8NW/