Heaven Society Week 2 Poll (Anime Club)

JLCitadel

It's Poll Time!

vfAXr6z.png

Hello everyone, it's time for us to pick which anime we'd like to watch for Week 2!

Polls will be up for 24 hours, so you've got plenty of time to decide.

Below is a list of each anime, a synopsis, and an image.

If you're interested in becoming a part of the club, please click here for more information.

Each week we pick 3-4 anime that members of the club inbox me with, and the founders choose one.

Of hose four we select one based on a poll and then we proceed to watch and discuss it.

Hunter x Hunter

15df7bc2e44c5b7d6dbb577b4af4e2d913427256

A Hunter is one who travels the world doing all sorts of dangerous tasks. From capturing criminals to searching deep within uncharted lands for any lost treasures. Gon is a young boy whose father disappeared long ago, being a Hunter. He believes if he could also follow his father's path, he could one day reunite with him. After becoming 12, Gon leaves his home and takes on the task of entering the Hunter exam, notorious for its low success rate and high probability of death to become an official Hunter. He befriends the revenge-driven Kurapika, the doctor-to-be Leorio and the rebellious ex-assassin Killua in the exam, with their friendship prevailing throughout the many trials and threats they come upon taking on the dangerous career of a Hunter. Based on the manga by Togashi Yoshihiro.

Steins;Gate
41011.jpg

The eccentric mad scientist Okabe, his childhood friend Mayuri, and the otaku hacker Daru have banded together to form the 'Future Gadget Research Laboratory', and spend their days in a ramshackle laboratory hanging out and occasionally attempting to invent incredible futuristic gadgets. However, their claymore is a hydrator and their hair dryer flips breakers, and the only invention that’s even remotely interesting is their Phone Microwave, which transforms bananas into oozing green gel. But when an experiment goes awry, the gang discovers that the Phone Microwave can also send text messages to the past. And what's more, the words they send can affect the flow of time and have unforeseen, far-reaching consequences - consequences that Okabe may not be able to handle.

Log Horizon
60613.jpg

By its eleventh expansion pack, the massively multiplayer online role-playing game Elder Tale has become a global success, having a following of millions of players. However, during the release of its twelfth expansion pack: Novasphere Pioneers, thirty thousand Japanese gamers who are all logged on at the time of the update, suddenly find themselves transported inside the game world and donning their in-game avatars. In the midst of the event, a socially awkward gamer called Shiroe along with his friends Naotsugu and Akatsuki decide to team up so that they may face this world which has now become their reality along with the challenges which lie ahead.

Nagi no Asukara
53549.jpg

Long ago, all humans lived in the ocean. But some who longed for the land abandoned the ocean, casting off the special raiments granted to them by the sea god to adapt them to life under the sea. Though mankind was divided into sea dwellers and land dwellers, each with different ways of thinking, they were all still fellow humans, and they continued to maintain contact as time went on. Sakishima Hikari, Mukaido Manaka, Hiradaira Chisaki, and Isaki Kaname live in an undersea village, while Kihara Tsumugu lives on land. When these middle school second-year land and sea dwellers meet for the first time, their hearts begin to undulate like the tides. The youthful fantasy tale of these young people's lives unfolds in a strange and beautiful world.

Synopsis Sources

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i was about to laugh as it seems everyone wants to talk about steins gate but then i realised there was only 2 votes  :huh:, Steins gate is such a great anime, gets my vote.

URRGH It was a tough call between Stein;Gate and Log Horizon (Never watched hxh unfortunately). Hell it was even hard not to choose Nagi but I guess I've seen too much P.A works. Log just felt like something I needed after that SAO disaster and it was well paced throughout the show. Steins;Gate has awfully slow pacing during the first 7-ish episodes but it's so damn good during the second half...Lemme vote twice PLEASE.

Spoiler

CPU: i5 4690k @4.2Ghz w/ Corsair H100i GTX | Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB | GPU: Palit 1080Ti | Case: Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PSU: Seasonic G750 80+ Gold | Storage: Samsung 840 250GB, Sandisk Ultra II 960gb, WD Green 4TB, Samsung EcoGreen 2TB

Spoiler

CPU: i5 4670k @4 Ghz w/ Corsair H80i | Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Impact | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 8GB | GPU: Palit 1080Ti

Case: Bitfenix Prodigy | PSU: Corsair CXM 600W PSU 80+ Bronze | Storage: Corsair Force GS 240GB SSD

URRGH It was a tough call between Stein;Gate and Log Horizon (Never watched hxh unfortunately). Hell it was even hard not to choose Nagi but I guess I've seen too much P.A works. Log just felt like something I needed after that SAO disaster and it was well paced throughout the show. Steins;Gate has awfully slow pacing during the first 7-ish episodes but it's so damn good during the second half...Lemme vote twice PLEASE.

Sorry one vote per person xD

I'm surprised Log Horizon is currently in the lead. 

dKEUpgj.gif

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Sorry one vote per person xD

I'm surprised Log Horizon is currently in the lead. 

dKEUpgj.gif

heard a lot about log horizon and been postponing it for far too long now, it gets my vote, the others seem interesting as well though and I haven't even heard of Nagi no Asukara yet so that's a major bonus, new anime added to my list haha.

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @ 4.2 GHz; GPU: Asus STRIX & Gigabyte g1 GTX 1070 SLI; RAM: 16 GB Corsair vengeance 3200 MHz ; Mobo: Asrock Taichi x470; SSD: 512 gb Samsung 950 Pro Storage: 5x Seagate 2TB drives; 1x 2TB WD PurplePSU: 700 Watt Huntkey; Peripherals: Acer S277HK 4K Monitor; Logitech G502 gaming mouse; Corsair K95 Mechanical keyboard; 5.1 Logitech x530 sound system

01000010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01100100 01101111 01100101 01110011 01101110 00100111 01110100 00100000 01101101 01100001 01101011 01100101 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110000 01110010 01101111 00101110

heard a lot about log horizon and been postponing it for far too long now, it gets my vote, the others seem interesting as well though and I haven't even heard of Nagi no Asukara yet so that's a major bonus, new anime added to my list haha.

Nagi is a drama, I've watched a couple of eps but I haven't finished it yet. I've been told its good. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I personally thought steins;gate might be a good watch, might check it out sometime. We've still go about 17 hours left in the polls. I'll call it at Noon time tomorrow. (eastern)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've watched part of Nagi no Asukara I got about 4 episodes in. It;s beautifully animated and that kept my attention but the plot and characters isn't on par with it's animation. It might get better and I'm going to continue watching but It's not high on my priorities.

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

I voted log horizon since im kinda in the middle of it at the moment steins gate would have been next for me.

Log Horizon is definitely in the lead, looking forward to seeing your opinions on the series. 

y4DAEsR.jpg

Log Horizon is definitely in the lead, looking forward to seeing your opinions on the series. 

y4DAEsR.jpg

its been too long since a anime like this :D

I personally thought steins;gate might be a good watch, might check it out sometime. We've still go about 17 hours left in the polls. I'll call it at Noon time tomorrow. (eastern)

you should definitely watch Steins gate, it's an amazing and fun anime, animation is good, plot is good, the characters are awesome(well atleast a couple).

This might be a bit of a spoiler for steins gate

It's a little slow for the first 7 episodes but then shit hits the fan and the happy go lucky tone turns to a nightmarish psychological thriller. It's amazing. The

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

Steins;Gate  for dayz

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones