display issues with lg c2 42inch + 34 inch ultrawide pc monitor + denon x2700h receiver.

Not sure what part of the forums I'm supposed to post my current issue in but decided to post here as I have a good feeling it is some kind of a connection issue and has something to do with the receiver. 

Everytime I turn the tv off my pc display freezes and eventually goes black, then comes back and the mouse cursor disappears or instead recently I got a BSOD video_tdr_failure. 

right now this is how i got the cables connected

hdmi out earc/arc port from receiver > tv earc/arc hdmi 2 port 

another cable from lg c2 42inch tv from hdmi 1 port > 3080 ti hdmi 2.1 port.

3080 ti hdmi 2.1 port > receiver "DVD" hdmi port(for hdmi receiver audio on pc windows 10)

acer x34gs ultrawide monitor display port > 3080 ti display port

how do i fix this? It is an oled tv so i dont want to be leaving it on all the time when im on my pc. Disconnecting the tv from pc isn't entirely an option either as I want to be able to 4k game from pc every now and then.

EDIT: disconnecting TV from pc seems to fix the issue but as I said i would love to have the tv as a 4k pc gaming monitor from time to time. Also notice even though the tv is not connected to the pc, when turning tv off the pc ultrawide screen goes black for a second then comes back. 

ok going from your gpu to avr...plug it into the 8k in (this will give you 4k 120hz) then go to your tvs 2.1 earc...dont forget to enable 8k in the avr or it defaults to 4k 60hz
also make sure your avr is set to passthrough the video, that way avr doesnt process it
on the tv in settings turn off simplink (hdmi-sec) in connection - device connection settings........so when you turn off tv it doesnt turn off your avr

this way when you turn off the tv the gpu wont have as much of a fit because the avr is not (switching) as hard.

had similar issue with lg nano90 and denon x3600h

Oo00 thanks for the advice, issue with that is hoping you can also help fix it if possible. I got a nvidia shield if I plug it into any other port other then 8k, it sounds like ass audio wise. 

edit: so how do I have both nvidia shield and pc to do what I want them to do? I use nvidia shield mainly for Plex but want receiver audio for pc for other stuff when I can’t be bothered using my headphones. 

edit2: now that I think about it I don’t think I even care about 120hz for pc at 4K, just feel like that is very unrealistic and I don’t plan on using the tv for normal pc use. I just want it for the occasional 4K gaming which is rare, main thing is literally to just have audio when using my pc while being able to turn tv on and off. I’ll try looking for the video pass through setting and see if it helps. Thanks for reply

9 hours ago, tuunade98 said:

Oo00 thanks for the advice, issue with that is hoping you can also help fix it if possible. I got a nvidia shield if I plug it into any other port other then 8k, it sounds like ass audio wise. 

edit: so how do I have both nvidia shield and pc to do what I want them to do? I use nvidia shield mainly for Plex but want receiver audio for pc for other stuff when I can’t be bothered using my headphones. 

edit2: now that I think about it I don’t think I even care about 120hz for pc at 4K, just feel like that is very unrealistic and I don’t plan on using the tv for normal pc use. I just want it for the occasional 4K gaming which is rare, main thing is literally to just have audio when using my pc while being able to turn tv on and off. I’ll try looking for the video pass through setting and see if it helps. Thanks for reply

dont know about nvidea shield BUT it shouldnt matter what hdmi in on the avr its plugged into...it "should" play the sound the same. unless some setting isnt set right on the avr 🙅‍♂️

don't really see any setting for hdmi pass through to video.

I'm seeing.

HDMI Audio Out - "AVR"

HDMI Pass Through - "on"

-Pass through Source "Geforce RTX 3080" I selected this option but have no idea what it does....

-RC Source Select - "Source Select Only"

HDMI Control - "Off"

-Arc - "On"

-TV Audio Switching - "On"

-Power Off Control - "Off"

-Power Saving - "Off"

-Smart Menu - "Off"

EDIT: i believe i've fixed it, not sure how exactly It may have something to do with the "pass through source" setting or "hdmi video output" setting that i was playing with