Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dream Has Too Much Money (SPONSORED)

SeanLMG

Thanks to Kioxia for sponsoring this server build! Learn more about the Kioxia CM6 Enterprise SSD at https://lmg.gg/Kioxia_CM6

Check out 45drives Storinator XL60: https://lmg.gg/iB5P7

Buy Seagate's 20tb HDD: https://geni.us/RBQupw

Check out AMD EPYC 75F3: https://lmg.gg/tt0Tt

Check out AMD EPYC 7402P: https://lmg.gg/CobrK

Check out Micron ECC DDR4 Memory: https://lmg.gg/dTlhL

Buy a Gigabyte R272-Z32 Server Rack: https://lmg.gg/i8E80

Buy an Intel 10GbE X540-T2 NIC: https://lmg.gg/ttRQo

Purchases made through some store links may provide some compensation to Linus Media Group.

Well, can't wait for the 5 or more pages of controversy this might generate Wooo! /sarcasm

If you think I'm wrong, correct me. If I've offended you in some way tell me what it is and how I can correct it. I want to learn, and along the way one can make mistakes; Being wrong helps you learn what's right.

the comments on that video, jesus

This pleases me.

image.png.107d16ada3c674ab596321e57b6d410f.png

mY s YsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??
 HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it?
 MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Just now, Avacado said:

the comments on that video, jesus

Would be more surprising if they were positive.

Still disappointed in LTT for deciding that this is the sort of people they want to do collabs with. Even giving the benefit of the doubt that they just didn't know, it's disappointing that they didn't look into who they're collabing with before getting to the point of no return and having to go through with the collab.

:)

6 minutes ago, seon123 said:

Would be more surprising if they were positive.

Still disappointed in LTT for deciding that this is the sort of people they want to do collabs with. Even giving the benefit of the doubt that they just didn't know, it's disappointing that they didn't look into who they're collabing with before getting to the point of no return and having to go through with the collab.

oh yeah would be surprised if they were positive but i dont really think people should be acting like that over a server being built.

it kinda reminded me of the "holy shit" stuff

7 minutes ago, seon123 said:

What is even funnier is that some clueless marketing team at Kioxia sponsored this video.

mY s YsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??
 HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it?
 MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

4 minutes ago, LumpyCrumpet said:

Guys, if you needed someone to do a collab with, DankPods was right there

aren't they already doing one or am i just brain blanking

I'm disappointed but considering they did a a collab with PewDiePie I can't say I'm surprised.

You would think LTT was big enough they could be more discriminating and not have to do this sort of stuff just to chase clout now, so I have to conclude they just don't care.

Your "PC master race" thing is cringe. 

Everyone complaining that they didn't collab with a smaller creator is slamming face-first into the point but missing it.

It's literally the first frame of the video: Dream has more subscribers than LTT.

I doubt Linus and whoever else arranged this didn't know it would be massively unpopular with LTT viewers (if they didn't they should be reassigned). But is it unpopular enough that it'll cause more people to unsubscribe than will potentially sub from Dream's much larger audience? No. LTT's line will go up.

It's cynical and shallow and at best a lesson in parasocial relationships online, but this is a net win for Linus. As he himself has said repeatedly: Companies don't actually care about you, no matter what they say.

LTT is no different.

4 minutes ago, Asbo Zapruder said:

Everyone complaining that they didn't collab with a smaller creator is slamming face-first into the point but missing it.

It's literally the first frame of the video: Dream has more subscribers than LTT.

I doubt Linus and whoever else arranged this didn't know it would be massively unpopular with LTT viewers (if they didn't they should be reassigned). But is it unpopular enough that it'll cause more people to unsubscribe than will potentially sub from Dream's much larger audience? No. LTT's line will go up.

It's cynical and shallow and at best a lesson in parasocial relationships online, but this is a net win for Linus. As he himself has said repeatedly: Companies don't actually care about you, no matter what they say.

LTT is no different.

this

Since when was dream bad? Guess im living under a rock.

Good on him for getting a server that has enough storage.

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

Rainbøw: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x MasterLiquid ML360R RGB | MSI GeForce RTX™ 3080 Ti SUPRIM X | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WDBLACK SN850 500GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Samsung EVO 850 500 GB | Samsung EVO Pro 850 250 GB | Lian Li O11DW Dynamic | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7 27" 240hz/1ms

Steam account value:

Value: 20025 kr (12208 kr with sales)
Games owned: 581
Games played: 329 *(56%)*
Hours on record: 9,631.9h

Maybe getting new rims for my V70 will change my mind on keeping it🤔

/me: Dream, who's that?! Am I getting too old for this internet thing?

Well, apperrantly there is about an order of magnitude more interest in Minecraft content on YouTube than I originally thought...

★ Gaming rig: Intel Core2Quad Q6700 (OC'd) - Asus P5K Deluxe - 8 GB DDR2 - AMD Radeon HD6870 - Zalman Reserator 1 V2 water cooler - SSD and spinning rust - 52x CD-DVD burner! 

★ Casual rig: Xbox Series S    ★ Daily driver: Lenovo Thinkpad T480 (1440p IPS LCD - Core i7 8550U - 32 GB DDR4 - 1 TB SSD - Integrated graphics)

★ Phone: Sony Xperia 1 ii (Xperia 1 iv on preorder)    ★ Home (Assistant) server: Dell Optiplex 3040 Micro (Core i5 6500T - 16 GB DDR3 - 250GB SSD - Ubuntu Server running Docker containers)

4 minutes ago, Lethaltail said:

IMO if you don't know who dream is you probably shouldn't be posting in the dream thread

thats like saying if you dont know how to drive you shouldnt be in a car...

everyone is allowed to make input, no need to make it gatekeepy

Everybody chill.. Don't think LTT is doing this because it's Dream. Think LTT are doing this because of the opportunity to do a mega project with awesome hardware.. 

LTT fans should be "big enough" to navigate through all the gaming controversy.. This is a tech channel, and this is awesome tech.. 

31 minutes ago, Avacado said:

thats like saying if you dont know how to drive you shouldnt be in a car...

everyone is allowed to make input, no need to make it gatekeepy

nah this isn't it

its not gatekeeping when its dream who has genuinely caused loss of life by directing his fans like a horde of zombies to go attack people (e.g. Apollo Legend)

21 minutes ago, dongart(DK) said:

Everybody chill.. Don't think LTT is doing this because it's Dream. Think LTT are doing this because of the opportunity to do a mega project with awesome hardware.. 

LTT fans should be "big enough" to navigate through all the gaming controversy.. This is a tech channel, and this is awesome tech.. 

So as long as the video is just about tech it's okay with whoever LTT collabed with?

Honestly given the toxicity of the creator it's for not sure if I'm going to watch it or not, but I do think it's not astounding as to my knowledge they don't exactly vet people for the collabs where it's build a server or a computer. It's just people ask them to make the computer and pony up the cash, and they build it with a writer reading up maybe about it and just make a video out of it with the writer maybe changing if they disagree with the recipient and not really anything else. So for collabing where they don't meat or interact directly with someone, LMG doesn't particularly care if they are a cheater, doxer, uses fans for harassment or whatnot.

Though maybe that's an overly pessimistic perspective though I don't see why as a company they'd care since companies don't have morals or ethics inherently.