ASUS ROG Z690-F GAMING WIFI issue with PCI drivers / Can't detect SSD in M.2_2 slot

morpheus6677

Hello guys

So I've recently downloaded all drivers for my newly built PC. Everything seems to be working fine except for one PCI device (and SM Bus Controller). Device Manager indicates that there are no drivers for those devices to be found. I think that the problem might correlate with the fact that I'm not able to use the second SSD (Samsung 980 PRO 2TB connected to the M.2_2 slot) in Windows. Although the M.2_2 SSD is being showed in Device Manager I can't seem to use it because I can neither find it in file manager nor in Windows storage settings. It also shows up in BIOS Advanced > NVMe Configuration but I can't select it as a boot option.

I did some research about the issue and it appears to be a common problem among ASUS Z690 Motherboards with the M.2_2 slot. I searched for the hardware Id's on my browser but couldn't find any drivers for those devices. I've tried to disable Armory Crate in the BIOS settings and also tried some older drivers for the Intel Chipset. None of which solved the problem. Can anyone help me? Otherwise I might have to change my motherboard -.-

20220601_121055.jpg

20220601_121108.jpg

20220601_122351.jpg

20220601_122411.jpg

My System:

Intel i9 12900K | Gigabyte RTX 3080Ti | 2 × 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB | ASUS ROG Strix Z690-F Gaming WiFi | 2 × 2TB Samsung 980 PRO | Corsair RM1000x (1000W)

• 1 month later...