Is 12 mbps enough for fast torrent, movies and Iso downloading?

JeanMikhael10

Just in case someone didnt add this. Bittorrent is heavily reliant on your upload speed. Fiber generally has symmetric download and upload. The reason I bring this up. If you saturate your upload connection with Bittorent traffic it can bring down your whole internet connection. I know this from personal experience. Coax based connections like I have generally have high download speeds but low upload speeds. With over provisioning I get about 12 Mbps upload myself. So my advice to you is to make sure you set limits how much you upload when your torrenting. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

1 hour ago, JeanMikhael10 said:

389 is quite expensive to my mom she is the one paying the internet not me 🙂

Compared to 359 for 100Mbit when you're getting 2.5x the speed?  Or you mean even 359 is too much?

Its just, 299 for 12Mbit is a very bad deal in comparison.  For the price difference it should be at least 50Mbit.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

4 hours ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

Compared to 359 for 100Mbit when you're getting 2.5x the speed?  Or you mean even 359 is too much?

Its just, 299 for 12Mbit is a very bad deal in comparison.  For the price difference it should be at least 50Mbit.

No compared to 389!

On 5/29/2022 at 5:33 AM, Kisai said:

What 4G/5G ISP's have been doing is offering an "unmetered connection" but they throttle at certain bandwidth caps or time-of-day.

Basically because 4G/5G are WCDMA technology works by "everyone speaking at the same time, but a different code", when there are more people speaking, more power is required to maintain that bandwidth, as a consequence it's impossible to "throttle" a connection like you would a cable/fiber/dsl connection where you just adjust the profile on the DSLAM or something. For wireless, what they do is (AFAIK) is disable the number of codes the subscriber can speak, thus resulting in like a 0.5 to 0.8mbps bandwidth. Enough for a voice call, but not enough for video.

I just complained TDRA (Telecommunications and Digital Government Regulatory Authority) in UAE i hope they take legal actions against them to make my internet faster by fining them or etc 

٢٠٢٢٠٥٣١_٠٤٤٦٠٧.jpg

On 5/29/2022 at 5:40 AM, Falcon1986 said:

Not necessarily.

Evening to late night are peak usage hours, when most people are at home and consuming lots of online content. At very early morning hours, not many people are awake, so consumption is less.

While cellular data providers can offer you internet packages, they rarely can guarantee speeds since the maximum bandwidth is dependent on how busy the network is. And cellular networks are already very busy!

I just complained TDRA (Telecommunications and Digital Government Regulatory Authority) in UAE i hope they take legal actions against them to make my internet faster by fining them or etc

٢٠٢٢٠٥٣١_٠٤٤٦٠٧.jpg

By changing it to 3g mode? I heard some guys on youtube that 3g can make it faster is it true? I calculated all modes of 3g they came 181.184 mpbs! 🙂 than the 100 mpba ones im using 4g LTE Category 3 as a down speed! 🙂

Screenshot_٢٠٢٢٠٦٠١-٠٨٢٣٥٠_Chrome.jpg

٢٠٢٢٠٦٠١_٠٧٥١١١.jpg

21 minutes ago, JeanMikhael10 said:

By changing it to 3g mode? I heard some guys on youtube that 3g can make it faster is it true? I calculated all modes of 3g they came 181.184 mpbs! 🙂 than the 100 mpba ones im using 4g LTE Category 3 as a down speed! 🙂

You can't sum up the different modes like this. Your device will use one of them. And as the table clearly shows, the slowest 4G mode is faster than the fastest 3G mode. Of course, to get the full speed, you need good reception. If you have bad reception with 4G, changing to 3G might get you better speed, if that results in a better signal.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

44 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

You can't sum up the different modes like this. Your device will use one of them. And as the table clearly shows, the slowest 4G mode is faster than the fastest 3G mode. Of course, to get the full speed, you need good reception. If you have bad reception with 4G, changing to 3G might get you better speed, if that results in a better signal.

Well, 3g is faster, here is the comparsion results! 🙂

3.95 mpbs for 4g (lte)

4.26 mpbs for 3g 

Screenshot_٢٠٢٢٠٦٠١-٠٩١٩٢٩_Speedtest.jpg

Screenshot_٢٠٢٢٠٦٠١-٠٩١٩١٣_Speedtest.jpg

As I previously mentioned (like twice?) you cant.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

==threads merged==
do not repost the same topic with slightly different questions

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

5 hours ago, JeanMikhael10 said:

Well, 3g is faster, here is the comparsion results! 🙂

3.95 mpbs for 4g (lte)

4.26 mpbs for 3g

As I said, 3G may be faster if you have better reception/a better signal than with 4G.

Network speeds are always "up to". 4G can give you up to 150 Mbps if you have a compatible device and a good signal. That is better than anything 3G can do, but if your 4G signal is bad while you have good reception with 3G, then your 3G speeds may be faster.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

My second operator (du) is fast during the day like 20 mpbs to 30 mpbs, the main operator is (etisalat), and i guess its the network coverage plays important in it, (du) dont have 4g coverage on the area i live, only very little orange color cover for 4g or 4g+ (i think its lte if im not mistaken), etisalat many red and orange color cover in my area thats why its faster

Screenshot_٢٠٢٢٠٦٠١-٢١٠٤٥١_Speedtest.jpg

Screenshot_٢٠٢٢٠٦٠١-١٢٥٢٤٣_Speedtest.jpg

٢٠٢٢٠٦٠١_٢١٣٥٠٧.jpg

٢٠٢٢٠٦٠١_٢١٣٥٣٢.jpg

don't have anything to contribute to your op, but i wouldn't recommend putting your exact location out on the internet.

9 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

don't have anything to contribute to your op, but i wouldn't recommend putting your exact location out on the internet.

Its true, but it doesnt show what building, what floor and what street etc i am living but area just for clearnance where 4g/4g+ lte signal is weak and concered! 🙂

11 hours ago, Levent said:

As I previously mentioned (like twice?) you cant.

Well the moderator did it

56 minutes ago, JeanMikhael10 said:

My second operator (du) is fast during the day like 20 mpbs to 30 mpbs, the main operator is (etisalat), and i guess its the network coverage plays important in it, (du) dont have 4g coverage on the area i live, only very little orange color cover for 4g or 4g+ (i think its lte if im not mistaken), etisalat many red and orange color cover in my area thats why its faster

Screenshot_٢٠٢٢٠٦٠١-٢١٠٤٥١_Speedtest.jpg

Screenshot_٢٠٢٢٠٦٠١-١٢٥٢٤٣_Speedtest.jpg

٢٠٢٢٠٦٠١_٢١٣٥٠٧.jpg

٢٠٢٢٠٦٠١_٢١٣٥٣٢.jpg

Is -61 dBm good signal for my 4g lte router using 3g?

Is -61 to -67 dBm good signal for my 4g lte router using 3g or 4g?

I guesss yes, same time good not great, because in the area i live lacks in 4g signal both du and etisalat, so i told both operators to install boosters and antennas in this area on top of these buildings, so like that the 4g internet will get faster on my 4g lte router, and my phone instead of 20 - 40 mpbs it will be 80 - 100 mpbs! And instead of 0.8 mpbs at night it will be 50 mpbs at night (if im not mistaken), and like that instead of -67/-61 dbm it will be -30 to -0 dbm! 🙂so that 4g lte signal gets through the walls, concrete, aliumium etc!, No More Slow Laggy Internet! Within Today to 7 days they will start installing them! 😃😃😃😃😃👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

٢٠٢٢٠٦٠٢_٠٠٥١٤٥.jpg

٢٠٢٢٠٦٠٢_٠٠٥٢١١.jpg

٢٠٢٢٠٦٠٢_٠٠٥٢٥٨.jpg

Screenshot_٢٠٢٢٠٦٠٢-٠١٢١٠١_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_٢٠٢٢٠٦٠١-٢٢٣٠٣٣_Chrome.jpg

signal-strength.png

٢٠٢٢٠٦٠٢_٠١٣٦٢٤.png

1476321024_Screenshot_-_Speedtest.thumb.jpg.9de816249f38ad3d3d0c0ddaf1f21596.jpg

1189454635_Screenshot_-_Speedtest.thumb.jpg.82080c731d7bdd40a4308ff00bf8d426.jpg

And i just found out that in 3g the down speed is higher than up speed but signal in 3g (-67 dbm) (with one bar deducted in it )is weaker than 4g (-51 dbm) (full bars in it) thats why my area needs a 4g/4g+/5g lte boosters and antennas as i mentioned earlier! 🙂

Screenshot_٢٠٢٢٠٦٠٢-٠١٤٤٤٨_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_٢٠٢٢٠٦٠٢-٠١٤٤٤٠_Speedtest.jpg

Screenshot_٢٠٢٢٠٥٣١-٠٧٣٥٢٧_Chrome.jpg

٢٠٢٢٠٦٠٢_٠١٥٠١٩.png