Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is 12 mbps enough for fast torrent, movies and Iso downloading?

 Share

& Why my 4g lte router showing max 40 mpbs only while its 100 mpbs capable on speedtest and my router is behind the window?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

You pay them more money or ask if they have a higher priority plan? You're on a low priority queue and unless you want to get banned from there service for screwing with the router there is nothing you can really do.

Cellular is NOT guaranteed bandwidth unless you're explicitly paying for that guarantee from the tower.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Lurick said:

You pay them more money or ask if they have a higher priority plan? You're on a low priority queue and unless you want to get banned from there service for screwing with the router there is nothing you can really do.

Cellular is NOT guaranteed bandwidth unless you're explicitly paying for that guarantee from the tower.

My Current plan is 100 mbps unlimited data im paying 113.53 dollars per month

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, JeanMikhael10 said:

My Current plan is 100 mbps unlimited data im paying 113.53 dollars per month

Check the fine print because I guarantee you it says something to the effect of "up to 100Mbps with unlimited data, speed is not guaranteed and service may slow your speed during peak hours"

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, JeanMikhael10 said:

My Current plan is 100 mbps unlimited data im paying

Almost always "Unlimited" data plans have throttling terms in to TOS OR ISP's will deprioritize the packets. Doesnt matter how much your paying, you agree to the terms when you agree to use their service. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Almost always "Unlimited" data plans have throttling terms in to TOS OR ISP's will deprioritize the packets. Doesnt matter how much your paying, you agree to the terms when you agree to use their service. 

Ahh, thats why, one hour slow and one hour fast, anyways after 12 months contract on 25 august approx is over ill get different internet from a different service provider little expensive but for sure faster, like 5g wireless router or 300 mpbs wifi cable internet! 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Check the fine print because I guarantee you it says something to the effect of "up to 100Mbps with unlimited data, speed is not guaranteed and service may slow your speed during peak hours"

Ahh, thats why, one hour slow and one hour fast, anyways after 12 months contract on 25 august approx is over ill get different internet from a different service provider little expensive but for sure faster, like 5g wireless router or 300 mpbs wifi cable internet! 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, JeanMikhael10 said:

like 5g wireless router or 300 mpbs wifi cable internet! 🙂

Funny enough we are looking to change from a 300 Mbps cable internet to 5G. Cable internet comes with a 1.2 TB data cap with overages and the 5G is unlimited data with the chance of  deprioritization. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Funny enough we are looking to change from a 300 Mbps cable internet to 5G. Cable internet comes with a 1.2 TB data cap with overages and the 5G is unlimited data with the chance of  deprioritization. 

Yeahs, so 5g is faster in your opinion?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Funny enough we are looking to change from a 300 Mbps cable internet to 5G. Cable internet comes with a 1.2 TB data cap with overages and the 5G is unlimited data with the chance of  deprioritization. 

In a cheaper price

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, JeanMikhael10 said:

Yeahs, so 5g is faster in your opinion?

Its not that its faster. Because the Comcast connection is faster. The issue is Comcast and its retarded cap. Also Comcast raises prices yearly, generally announced around Christmas and they are raised in January or February. Also T Mobile home internet is technically $40 cheaper. Like I said, we are considering it right now, we have to work out logistics. My parents pay for internet I pay for cellular service. So we will have to figure out how to work that out when we add internet to my T Mobile account. Which is why we haven't pulled the trigger on that yet. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Its not that its faster. Because the Comcast connection is faster. The issue is Comcast and its retarded cap. Also Comcast raises prices yearly, generally announced around Christmas and they are raised in January or February. Also T Mobile home internet is technically $40 cheaper. Like I said, we are considering it right now, we have to work out logistics. My parents pay for internet I pay for cellular service. So we will have to figure out how to work that out when we add internet to my T Mobile account. Which is why we haven't pulled the trigger on that yet. 

Ok ill go for 12 mpbs or 300 mpbs connection then after 12 month contract is over!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Its not that its faster. Because the Comcast connection is faster. The issue is Comcast and its retarded cap. Also Comcast raises prices yearly, generally announced around Christmas and they are raised in January or February. Also T Mobile home internet is technically $40 cheaper. Like I said, we are considering it right now, we have to work out logistics. My parents pay for internet I pay for cellular service. So we will have to figure out how to work that out when we add internet to my T Mobile account. Which is why we haven't pulled the trigger on that yet. 

Im not in america, im in uae im using du 4g lte router ill switch to etisalat 12 mbps elife 200 dirhams or 300 mpbs around 400 dirhams

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing to note about the 5G signal:

end of my driveway with direct unobstructed view to tower ~1km away:

150mbps symmetrical.

 

Once inside with a treeline blocking view:

10-15mbps

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, BiotechBen said:

One thing to note about the 5G signal:

end of my driveway with direct unobstructed view to tower ~1km away:

150mbps symmetrical.

 

Once inside with a treeline blocking view:

10-15mbps

Ah not like 4g lte inside it gets 1 mpbs and is the downloading huge file speed good? with no throttling? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

One thing to note about the 5G signal:

end of my driveway with direct unobstructed view to tower ~1km away:

150mbps symmetrical.

 

Once inside with a treeline blocking view:

10-15mbps

I got a tower a quarter of a mile away at most. I haven't tested the speeds on my moms iPhone as she's the only one with 5G. Im going to have to do that eventually. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Both mobile and 4g lte router

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

you might be bandwidth capped by the isp.

Ryzen 3600 @ 4.5ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | Radeon RX580 | 2x Samsung 16gb c-die 2666 @ 3600mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 9 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

you might be bandwidth capped by the isp.

The weird is speedtest showing 15 to 20 mpbs 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

change server to another country.

Ryzen 3600 @ 4.5ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | Radeon RX580 | 2x Samsung 16gb c-die 2666 @ 3600mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 9 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, JeanMikhael10 said:

The weird is speedtest showing 15 to 20 mpbs 

They might not cap speedtest, because they don't want their statistics to look bad.

Router:  Quotom-Q555G6-S05 (pfSense) WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.44Gbit peak at 160Mhz 2x2 MIMO, ~900Mbit at 80Mhz)

Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen VDSL (~74Mbit) + VOXI 4G [Vodafone] (~120Mbit) + Three 5G (~500Mbit average)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, JeanMikhael10 said:

My Current plan is 100 mbps unlimited data im paying 113.53 dollars per month

My goodness, I'm only paying around $67.20 for all of my connections combined.  Granted, I'm in the UK.

Router:  Quotom-Q555G6-S05 (pfSense) WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.44Gbit peak at 160Mhz 2x2 MIMO, ~900Mbit at 80Mhz)

Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen VDSL (~74Mbit) + VOXI 4G [Vodafone] (~120Mbit) + Three 5G (~500Mbit average)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Today i just discovered that du are throlling the internet speed becausse it dont have certain speed in this 200 aed subscribption thats why at night around 10 to 11 pm the speed is 0.8 mpbs and now around 4 to 5 am the speed is 28.8 mpbs, most propably ISP Throlling right?

Screenshot_٢٠٢٢٠٥٢٨-٢٣٤٤٣٤_Speedtest.jpg

Screenshot_٢٠٢٢٠٥٢٨-١١٢٦٣٧_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_٢٠٢٢٠٥٢٩-٠٤٢٦٣٨_Speedtest.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Even with 5g subscription, No Certain Speed = ISP Throlling with Internet Speed, Isnt it? Only free unlimited data and free router with 24 months subsciption plan

Screenshot_٢٠٢٢٠٥٢٨-١١٢٦٣٥_Chrome.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

What 4G/5G ISP's have been doing is offering an "unmetered connection" but they throttle at certain bandwidth caps or time-of-day.

 

Basically because 4G/5G are WCDMA technology works by "everyone speaking at the same time, but a different code", when there are more people speaking, more power is required to maintain that bandwidth, as a consequence it's impossible to "throttle" a connection like you would a cable/fiber/dsl connection where you just adjust the profile on the DSLAM or something. For wireless, what they do is (AFAIK) is disable the number of codes the subscriber can speak, thus resulting in like a 0.5 to 0.8mbps bandwidth. Enough for a voice call, but not enough for video.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×