Vertical/Horizontal mounted Graphics Cards. Good or Bad?

Crypto-137
Go to solution Solved by jaslion,
11 minutes ago, Crypto-137 said:

Thanks for the answers Guys. 馃檪

Sooo... I麓m glad the GPU will be fine there... But for the Tubes... hmmm... I could just switch the 3 Fans in the Upper Case with the Water Cooler with the pump /tubes on right site mounted that the tubes were a lot of lower but Im not sure if the tubes were long enough to mount it right sided. But that could solve that problem with the bubbles?聽

Edit: This is my first Aio / Water Cooling so Im a bit of聽unknowing about how and where to place it perfectly 馃槃

Basically for aio you never want to have the pump be the lowest point and always want to have the rad be the highest.

Hey Guys,

3 days ago I decided to move my PC Case to a new place and I placed it "horizontal" on my desk. So the Grapics Card is now "vertical" on my Mainboard. I have read in some forums around the web that some people had problems with their聽thermal paste/pads that moved/flowing away over time due to vertical mounted GPUs. The posts were all a bit older like 5-6-7 years old so what you Guys think about that? Do you think there could be Problems over time or am I good to go for longer term use?

Cooling on CPU (AMD Ryzen 9 5950x) & GPU (ASUS RTX 3090) is at 60 to 70 掳C while 4K-Gaming so that shouldnt be a problem I think. I will attach 2-3 Pictures here so you get an better Idea of it.

Thanks for the help in advance 馃檪

IMG_0565.jpeg

IMG_0564.jpeg

Vertical mounted GPUs are an issue most of the time because the fans end up being close to the side panel, blocking a ton of airflow and thus greatly increasing the temperature.

It has nothing to do with thermal paste slowly moving away over time.

This is much less of an issue on a GPUs that are water cooled. But will be a big issue on air cooled cards.

Doesn't matter for the card HOWEVER you are entirely blocking your radiators fans from properly expelling air. That and because the highest point for air in the loop is now the tubes you'll have bubbles going around which isn't great.

Thermal paste moving yeah no not happening it will dry up before that.

So your gpu is fine however that aio and your actual cooling capacity is not going to be due to the orientation.

Also this is a view 71 case right? Putting that much pressure on the glass plate is not an if but a when for when it will crack the glass. This case is VERY heavy and that glass is NOT made to do that.

Sooo... I麓m glad the GPU will be fine there... But for the Tubes... hmmm... I could just switch the 3 Fans in the Upper Case with the Water Cooler with the pump /tubes on right site mounted that the tubes were a lot of lower but Im not sure if the tubes were long enough to mount it right sided. But that could solve that problem with the bubbles?聽

Edit: This is my first Aio / Water Cooling so Im a bit of聽unknowing about how and where to place it perfectly 馃槃

11 minutes ago, Crypto-137 said:

Basically for aio you never want to have the pump be the lowest point and always want to have the rad be the highest.

Alright this is a good Information and brings me to an Idea thanks, I will try something out and hope it will fit. I will update soon 馃槢鉂わ笍