Old E2200 board 3 beeps.

Boilerhogbc

Hi all,

I've discovered that the 3 beeps is bad RAM from a google search.  

Tried configuring the ram in different slots, 1 stick at a time in either slots and no change.  I figure its pretty rare for both sticks to fail so it might be a ram controller on the board?  Its an 'intel desktop board' made around 2007/8.  Both sticks are the same.  
Anyone else had the same issue?  What did you do to troubleshoot?  I can probably find a pair of cheap sticks to try out, and if not I have other plans for the case.  

I got this old workstation from value village and was hoping to tinker with it and see what it can do with an ssd drive and cpu repaste.  

Windows 7, Lights, HDD spins up, optical drive sounds like it spins as well.  Green light on the mobo where it should be.  No physical problems that I can see(blown caps or soldered things.)

ram.jpg

cpu.jpg

Need to be a lot more specific about the motherboard make and model (workstation make and model) so we can accurately look up the beep codes.

On some workstation boards, depending on exactly which one it it, the 3 beeps could be bad or not installed VGA device.

1st 2 things to do with an old unknown board, clear cmos and install a fresh new cmos battery. 

GL!