Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Anyone know how to fix?

 Share

Screen is shifted over a couple rows of pixels and I can’t figure out how to fix it. I have checked display settings. I have a dell 1440p monitor and and a 1080p second monitor. I tried to fix it in my nvidia settings and I restored my monitor to default settings. It doesn’t just do this on halo, it does it to everything I open, it cuts of letters of any text displayed on my monitor

448C8498-5CF3-4BD5-A586-2EE9FFA34A2E.jpeg

DD4E8B01-B3A5-42C5-A4C9-5A26808D99F4.jpeg

BB5A8C47-7FE3-4F54-9D91-431C20AAB1DC.jpeg

9F9B9C02-AD9A-4852-A02B-7E3052D11C5A.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

I also suffer from this. I just unplug the monitor from the gpu and plug it back in.

I have had this happen using windows, manjaro and fedora (it is a hardware related bug not driver/os). I tend to see this bug once a month.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

My monitor has done this a few times, not sure what causes it. Turning the monitor off and on again always fixed it for me.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jetjoel said:

Screen is shifted over a couple rows of pixels and I can’t figure out how to fix it. I have checked display settings. I have a dell 1440p monitor and and a 1080p second monitor. I tried to fix it in my nvidia settings and I restored my monitor to default settings. It doesn’t just do this on halo, it does it to everything I open, it cuts of letters of any text displayed on my monitor

 

56 minutes ago, C2dan88 said:

I also suffer from this. I just unplug the monitor from the gpu and plug it back in.

I have had this happen using windows, manjaro and fedora (it is a hardware related bug not driver/os). I tend to see this bug once a month.

 

55 minutes ago, Spotty said:

My monitor has done this a few times, not sure what causes it. Turning the monitor off and on again always fixed it for me.

What monitors do you guys have?

I have never had such an issue so maybe it could be related to the type of monitor you use?

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 5 2600@4.1GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R15: 1349cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Vishera said:

What monitors do you guys have?

Acer Predator XB271HU 2560x1440 144Hz IPS panel. Connected with a DisplayPort cable.
I've only ever had the problem with this monitor but all the other monitors I've had have been 1920x1080 60hz TN panels with HDMI. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Spotty

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Vishera said:

What monitors do you guys have?

Dell S2716DG 1440p using display port.

No issues using hdmi

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Acer Predator XB271HU 2560x1440 144Hz IPS panel. Connected with a DisplayPort cable.
I've only ever had the problem with this monitor but all the other monitors I've had have been 1920x1080 60hz TN panels with HDMI. 🤷‍♂️

 

34 minutes ago, C2dan88 said:

Dell S2716DG 1440p using display port.

No issues using hdmi

 

So it seems like it's a DisplayPort issue.

That explains why it has never happened to me - because i use HDMI.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 5 2600@4.1GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R15: 1349cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

So if I were to switch to HDMI - would I lose my 144hz…I have the DisplayPort hooked up so I can get the higher refresh rate. Unless, is there a way to get 144 from hdmi? I have a 2080 Super and a Dell 1440p 144hz monitor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, jetjoel said:

So if I were to switch to HDMI - would I lose my 144hz…I have the DisplayPort hooked up so I can get the higher refresh rate. Unless, is there a way to get 144 from hdmi? I have a 2080 Super and a Dell 1440p 144hz monitor.

It depends if your monitor supports HDMI 2.1.

What is the model of your monitor?

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 5 2600@4.1GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R15: 1349cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Vishera said:

It depends if your monitor supports HDMI 2.1.

What is the model of your monitor?

S2716DGR

 

Dell

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×