PC Crashed could someone analyze this event log?

c7rse

I've had this issue lately more and more and I thought it was my HDD but turns out, even without the HDD, the system is crashing with a performance dip just before it dies and crashes. Could someone look and tell me what they see? Here's the log.

906 crash 28th.evtx

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

7 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

attempted to do this, and was met with Access is Denied when I apply the change. Any ideas?

2 minutes ago, c7rse said:

attempted to do this, and was met with Access is Denied when I apply the change. Any ideas?

Are you logged in as administrator?

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

Just now, An0maly_76 said:

Are you logged in as administrator?

Yes. I'm the only user of this PC.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

1 minute ago, c7rse said:

Yes. I'm the only user of this PC.

I'm not sure that matters. I'm the only user of mine and installed Win 10 as administrator and the damned thing still asks me to request administrator permission for certain tasks and apps.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

13 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

Did this too. Not sure if it's gonna help but my PC only does it randomly. I don't know what does and doesn't work as a result of this issue. I just know that my pc has crashes and it's been happening more and more. 

Any changes to the configuration before this started? New apps? Anything uninstalled or an unrelated / unexpected crash / error prior? Any virus protection?

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

2 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

Any changes to the configuration before this started? New apps? Anything uninstalled or an unrelated / unexpected crash / error prior? Any virus protection?

Nothing new installed lately. I uninstalled a lot of unused things a few hours before this. I do this often but never have crashes like this. Usually the crashes are just a black screen, and then my pc goes into IDLE and I have to turn it off my long pressing the power button. This time it was similar but my PC had constant freezes in my game, and eventually, what I mentioned just before happens. I have another event log from prior that shows an issue with my drives. I'm not sure what the issue is anymore. I was told HDD, then Permissions, and now I'm unsure. 

Win10 or Win11? Win11 has had known issues with sleep mode and I wonder if something could be triggering sleep mode when not needed. I had to disable it on my 5900X even running Win10. Doesn't want to wake back up. Maybe try disabling sleep mode if it's enabled and see if that helps anything? *shrugs* Don't know what one of these would have to do with the other, but it's a thought.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

20 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

I'm not sure that matters. I'm the only user of mine and installed Win 10 as administrator and the damned thing still asks me to request administrator permission for certain tasks and apps.

this is because administrator is just really pretty low in the windows hierarchy... there's super user (not sure its actually called that way) and trusted installer (moi) above that....

^well Im not actually trusted installer, that would be stupid but i know how to do it (if i find the instructions!  i mean im sure i have it saved somewhere... 👀 )

11 minutes ago, c7rse said:

Did this too. Not sure if it's gonna help but my PC only does it randomly. I don't know what does and doesn't work as a result of this issue. I just know that my pc has crashes and it's been happening more and more. 

im pretty sure a com error shouldn't crash the pc...  can you check event viewer if you get those errors even when its not crashing to confirm this?

Did you get an actual error message when it crashed? 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

6 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

Win10 or Win11? Win11 has had known issues with sleep mode and I wonder if something could be triggering sleep mode when not needed. I had to disable it on my 5900X even running Win10. Doesn't want to wake back up. Maybe try disabling sleep mode if it's enabled and see if that helps anything? *shrugs* Don't know what one of these would have to do with the other, but it's a thought.

Win11. I'm not sure if it's sleep mode or not. I can try disabling that. 

1 minute ago, Mark Kaine said:

this is because administrator is just really pretty low in the windows hierarchy... there's super user (not sure its actually called that way) and trusted installer (moi) above that....

^well Im not actually trusted installer, that would be stupid but i know how to do it (if i find the instructions!  i mean im sure i have it saved somewhere... 👀 )

im pretty sure a com error shouldn't crash the pc...  can you check event viewer if you get those errors even when its not crashing to confirm this?

Did you get an actual error message when it crashed? 

I'll be honest I'm not sure what I'm looking at in this event log..

11 minutes ago, c7rse said:

Win11. I'm not sure if it's sleep mode or not. I can try disabling that. 

I'll be honest I'm not sure what I'm looking at in this event log..

Should be either warning or information under event type

20220529_051815.thumb.jpg.4f863e5d266d892a2baa5c30e676e6dc.jpg

but if you dont see any there also check critical.  you can also post screenshots from the last couple of errors. (critical) 

technically critical is all that matters but since we're looking for com errors those should be in warning or information afaik. 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

6 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

Should be either warning or information under event type

20220529_051815.thumb.jpg.4f863e5d266d892a2baa5c30e676e6dc.jpg

but if you dont see any there also check critical.  you can also post screenshots from the last couple of errors. (critical) 

technically critical is all that matters but since we're looking for com errors those should be in warning or information afaik. 

image.thumb.png.2f57d44a0ea9bc4892b784f256f2a0f1.png

The 4 Warnings here all say the same thing. I have a few Criticals as well (Posted below) 

image.thumb.png.ccb46bd0c2d2c7696620230060718b8b.png

Now I will say, there are many "Disk 1 has been surprise removed" Warnings / Errors in the log and that was BEFORE I removed it from my System.

21 minutes ago, c7rse said:

image.thumb.png.2f57d44a0ea9bc4892b784f256f2a0f1.png

The 4 Warnings here all say the same thing. I have a few Criticals as well (Posted below) 

image.thumb.png.ccb46bd0c2d2c7696620230060718b8b.png

Now I will say, there are many "Disk 1 has been surprise removed" Warnings / Errors in the log and that was BEFORE I removed it from my System.

yeah, so those distributed com errors shouldn't be of concern and the one critical is kernel power that just means it crashed (but doesn't tell you why)

well next time it crashes check event log right away.

you can also install "WhoCrashed" and run that after a crash.

not sure about the disk thing tbh. could be something for sure but need more info. 

ps: also since this is basically a troubleshooting thread *full system specs* would be helpful even if it doesn't seem important,  it usually is. 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

44 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

yeah, so those distributed com errors shouldn't be of concern and the one critical is kernel power that just means it crashed (but doesn't tell you why)

well next time it crashes check event log right away.

you can also install "WhoCrashed" and run that after a crash.

not sure about the disc thing tbh. could be something for sure but need more info. 

Just manually updated all the drivers it said to update. Also installed that WhoCrashed software so we'll see what goes on.