Does the Gigabyte Z270-hd3p board have off centered screw holes compared to other motherboards?? I am so confused.

Go to solution Solved by Fasauceome,

The MSI board seems to be using wider spacing, yes. It appears to be a bigger board overall. The standoffs inside the case that the screws go into can be moved, in most ATX tower cases you will have holes for almost any spacing available to ATX motherboards so it shouldn't be a problem 

I was looking to purchase a gigabyte z270-hd3p to replace my msi b250 pc mate motherboard. However upon looking at a few pictures of the board, it seems like the screw holes are in a different position from my motherboard even though both are ATX? I am just confused. I attached pictures of both boards so it makes more sense. 

Doesn't it seem like the Gigabyte board has the screw holes in a different spot? Specifically around the ram slots.

gigabyte_gaz270hd3p_ga_z270_hd3p_motherboard_1310884.jpg

MSI_B250_PC_Mate-6.png

The MSI board seems to be using wider spacing, yes. It appears to be a bigger board overall. The standoffs inside the case that the screws go into can be moved, in most ATX tower cases you will have holes for almost any spacing available to ATX motherboards so it shouldn't be a problem 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

It looks like it's NARROWER than regular ATX,  or they just didn't put the third column of standoffs to use that space for buttons or whatever.

They probably added that extra standoff hole to the right of the ram slots so that you won't bend the motherboard too much when you insert the USB 3 plugs into the headers, and the 24 pin connector.

1 hour ago, Fasauceome said:

Had no idea that was a thing. I really appreciate it! I'm just hoping I am able to move my standoffs, I have a Corsair Spec 01 case, very, very cheap.

5 hours ago, mariushm said:

It looks like it's NARROWER than regular ATX,  or they just didn't put the third column of standoffs to use that space for buttons or whatever.

They probably added that extra standoff hole to the right of the ram slots so that you won't bend the motherboard too much when you insert the USB 3 plugs into the headers, and the 24 pin connector.

So odd isn't it? I can't recall ever seeing another motherboard like this. Will update the thread mentioning if it ended up fitting or not. I have a Corsair Spec 01 for reference.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/28/2022 at 3:17 PM, mariushm said:

Yep, it seems to be narrower than standard ATX size. I had to take out a few standoffs that were touching the back of it. 

IMG-9551.jpg