Is my PC a victim of the AMD X570 USB issues?

liyihaha

I built my new PC using 5950X and ASUS C8DH X570 MB at the end of last year. It was cooled with a custom loop and water cools both the CPU and 3090. All the fans and temperatures were monitored and controlled by a aquacomputer octo. Since my PC was built, I started to experience some problems.

The first problem is that my aquacomputer octo will sometimes lost the reading of temperatures and wattage data if they were read through the internal USB. I have a coolant temp probe connected to the MB and the fan speed curve was programmed by me based on the water temp and it sometimes lost all the readings. (e.g. water temp, cpu temp, gpu temp) Initially I thought it was a loose connection of the usb header since the connector provide by aquacomputer can only "loosely" connected to the 9 pin USB2.0 header on the MB. Thus I bought an extention cable and make sure all the connection is tight, but I still experienced the same problem.

The second problem is that my Creative SoundBlaster G6 external sound card connected through USB sometimes could not be recognized and I have to unplug and plug it back to have the system recognize it. I used the G6 with my old intel PC and I never had this problem. It will always recognize correctly. 

These two problems bugged me since my PC was built and I just update my Win 10 to Win 11, updated the newest BIOS through ASUS. But these problems were still there. Previous I don't know these X570 usb issues until recently from some tech website and then I realized that it might be the root cause of these two problems.