Xfinity/Comcast wont give me the speed I pay for

So I've been getting into a small torrenting hobby, wont say what I'm just saying ive been torrenting on an old 2010 hp all in one my grandmother gave me and now that is my jellyfin server and it works great... until Comcast started throttling my speeds at a time that seems much more than coincidental. We pay for 900mbps internet, on a normal day we get 300-500, yesterday i got 100, today i have 200, thats not the problem, usually my torrents are blazing fast, not today. They are a solid 7kibps according to qbittorrent and thats average. So today I called comcast and the conversation was an utter waste of time, so i first call them then they restart my router and say i cant talk to an agent until they do so. So that takes 10 minutes then i call back, the woman on the phone says "im sending a signal to the router" then i do a speed test each time she did it about 5-10 times, nothing. Then she thinks its the modem, we got the modem 6 months ago with our speed bump and i tell her that yet she is convinced and wont listen to me. She says she wants to send a tech to my house and that costs 70 bucks if there is no problem or if the problem is somehow my fault, she also thinks its the wiring too. Then she says the other option is to get it replaced at an xfinity store which for me is 45 min away. I still cant torrent and im not getting close to what i pay for and i have no idea what to do as they wont fix their shit.

I assume you know for a fact that the torrent you are downloading has seeders and the said seeders are able to provide more than what you are downloading? Or certain that your ISP is not throttling your connection due to P2P downloads?

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

22 minutes ago, Levent said:

I assume you know for a fact that the torrent you are downloading has seeders and the said seeders are able to provide more than what you are downloading? Or certain that your ISP is not throttling your connection due to P2P downloads?

yeah it has a bunch of seeders as it is popular,  if the torrent had no seeds i would move to another one i have also tried different torrents of the same thing where sites have said the health of the torrent is good and have downloaded the previous torrents in the series.

1 hour ago, AppleiJesse said:

still cant torrent and im not getting close to what i pay for and i have no idea what to do as they wont fix their shit.

1) If you are torrenting copyrighted material they are with in their legal right to do what ever they have to, to be with in the letter of the DMCA. Cox recently had a $1 Billion settlement against them because they didnt prevent people from pirating shit. 

2) With the repeal of Net Neutrality Comcast is with in their rights to throttle services. Bittorrent is a service they do NOT like and may decide to throttle. Comcast was known in the past for throttling BitTorrent and Netflix traffic, however Netflix paid Comcast some extortion money so they wont throttle them. 

3) Since the pandemic cable operators have had issues with congestion. When the cable network becomes congested it slows down. Now while you can bitch them out for not upgrading their network, which they are in select areas, like all employers they have been having issues finding help. 

4) You could have a signal issue. Generally your signal specs can be read from your modem or gateway. Now I have not used Comcast supplied equipment in a very long time so I cant tell you where that info in their gateway sits. I know if you have a stand alone modem its accesses normally by going to 192.168.100.1. If you signal falls out of spec, you get slower speeds and or you get no internet. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

1 hour ago, AppleiJesse said:

So I've been getting into a small torrenting hobby, wont say what I'm just saying ive been torrenting on an old 2010 hp all in one my grandmother gave me and now that is my jellyfin server and it works great... until Comcast started throttling my speeds at a time that seems much more than coincidental. We pay for 900mbps internet, on a normal day we get 300-500, yesterday i got 100, today i have 200, thats not the problem, usually my torrents are blazing fast, not today. They are a solid 7kibps according to qbittorrent and thats average. So today I called comcast and the conversation was an utter waste of time, so i first call them then they restart my router and say i cant talk to an agent until they do so. So that takes 10 minutes then i call back, the woman on the phone says "im sending a signal to the router" then i do a speed test each time she did it about 5-10 times, nothing. Then she thinks its the modem, we got the modem 6 months ago with our speed bump and i tell her that yet she is convinced and wont listen to me. She says she wants to send a tech to my house and that costs 70 bucks if there is no problem or if the problem is somehow my fault, she also thinks its the wiring too. Then she says the other option is to get it replaced at an xfinity store which for me is 45 min away. I still cant torrent and im not getting close to what i pay for and i have no idea what to do as they wont fix their shit.

Torrents rely on other peers to supply data to the swarm of downloaders. If those peers limit their upload speeds or number of concurrent connections, your download speeds will fluctuate all over the place. To properly test what speeds your ISP is providing, run multiple speedtests from multiple devices directly hard wired into the modem. I like to use speedtest.net, fast.com, and https://www.dslreports.com/speedtest to rule out any anomalies with any singular test. Reply with your speeds. 🙂

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

2 minutes ago, kirashi said:

That speed test has been down the last I checked. DSL reports is on life support. I guess the original owner walked away and now only volunteers keep the site online. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.