Temporary Phone Plan for Study Abroad in Ireland?

13CA350

In the spring, I will be studying abroad in Ireland from the US for approximately 4 months. Currently, I am on my family AT&T plan in the US, and have the iPhone 13 Pro. The AT&T phone I have is unlocked and I am using 1 of the e-sim slots for my current, primary number. This leaves me with 1 e-sim slot and 1 physical sim slot for use while I am abroad.

Does anyone have advice as to the best carrier or plan while I am abroad? It would be best to hear from someone who lives in Ireland.

I have been looking into both Vodafone and Virgin, so I am able to make calls and use data while in Ireland. I also will be traveling to other European countries while I am there so I am hoping for a plan that allows for that.

I was at the AT&T store today and they pretty much informed me they have no international calling or data plan that would make sense, their only option is $10/ day.

If you will have wifi, you might look at iPlum. Gives you a US number that works anywhere in the world with good wifi. Also has an option to use phone data, wifi or piggyback the actual phone's voice carrier line if possible.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

5 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

If you will have wifi, you might look at iPlum. Gives you a US number that works anywhere in the world with good wifi. Also has an option to use phone data, wifi or piggyback the actual phone's voice carrier line if possible.

I will have wifi at my apartment, but of course there is no guarantee there will be wifi when I am out, so I do not think that would be the best option

Just now, 13CA350 said:

I will have wifi at my apartment, but of course there is no guarantee there will be wifi when I am out, so I do not think that would be the best option

Re-read my post. It has the ability to piggyback the host phone's voice carrier line / data network as well.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!