I am at a loss...stuttering, dropping frames in game...

Scypheroth

OK im at a loss....whenever im Playing paladins on my setup i get really really bad frame drops....like BAD....but here is the thing i have dual monitors when i turn one off its fine....NO DROPS no nothing....but as soon as i turn it back on aand go dual monitors i get drops....i have replaced my video card its literally 110% new only 2 days old....still same thing. GPU never hits over 55c same with CPU and both are not over clocked. My specs below:

-Gigabyte RX 6700 XT OC - aircooled LATEST updated drivers
-Ryzen 5 3600 - watercooled 
-16G DDR4 3800mhz dual channel
-2 AOC 1080p monitors both have updated drivers installed
-Gigabyte 750watt powersupply
-MSI bazooka v2 B450M motherboard with latest Bios update
-Adata 1TB SSD
-500GB M.2 SSD

I ordered a new 850 watt power supply....going to try that next....if that dont fix it then....i donno what might b the problem....

is this only a paladins issue? I would start by checking your display settings in game and in the graphics card software. You might have one of those 2 limiting your FPS while the other is unlimited, or you might have vsync enabled when it shouldnt be etc, all of those have caused me headaches in the past. Your monitors might also not be FreeSync capable which is AMDs version of Vsync (Vsync being the more widely available option) disable those settings on your monitor(s) and that might also help.

47 minutes ago, Vicariously said:

is this only a paladins issue? I would start by checking your display settings in game and in the graphics card software. You might have one of those 2 limiting your FPS while the other is unlimited, or you might have vsync enabled when it shouldnt be etc, all of those have caused me headaches in the past. Your monitors might also not be FreeSync capable which is AMDs version of Vsync (Vsync being the more widely available option) disable those settings on your monitor(s) and that might also help.

i havent the foggiest man, my Radeon settings are all on default and my paladins settings are all on low with everything turned off. Im starting to think my power supply is not outputting enough voltage to run dual monitors??? i donno?

think i might have figured it out....i turned off direct x 11 and now it seems fine...but not i have graphical glitches in game.....because its running on DX9.....

1 hour ago, Scypheroth said:

i havent the foggiest man, my Radeon settings are all on default and my paladins settings are all on low with everything turned off. Im starting to think my power supply is not outputting enough voltage to run dual monitors??? i donno?

Having the settings on low doesn't necessarily mean that the refresh rate sync stuff isn't enabled. It would be very strange if your power supply was the issue, from experience, low quality HDMI or Display Port cables can cause this too, I had to buy very expensive cables ($75 each) before a previous build behaved properly. Feedback can be a killer in things like that. What OS are you running? I wouldn't even attempt to use windows 11 right now, for most people it will be fine, but early adoption always causes issues. I had to turn off auto-updates on my current build windows 10 because between patches things would be so unstable, so I only ever update on major builds. The stuff we DIY'ers go through sometimes...

I would check that your motherboard bios is up to date, and that your PCI bus is set to the proper version. If its using the new PCI version but your card doesn't fully support it,(or vice versa) it could be causing that, likely just a setting in the bios to change.