Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Am I going to lose my Windows liscence?

Hi!

Basically I am going to entirely reinstall windows from a usb key due to hardware issues, will I be able to enter my windows key or not after a complete reinstallation?

2 minutes ago, SmolTree said:

will I be able to enter my windows key or not after a complete reinstallation?

You can enter the key during or after installation. If you used a microsoft account for logging into windows you do not need to enter a key at all it'll retrieve the key associated with your account.

if you pc is oem such as dell, hp etc the key is embedding into the motherboard. The installer should automatically recognise this.

6 minutes ago, C2dan88 said:

You can enter the key during or after installation. If you used a microsoft account for logging into windows you do not need to enter a key at all it'll retrieve the key associated with your account.

if you pc is oem such as dell, hp etc the key is embedding into the motherboard. The installer should automatically recognise this.

But I already entered the key before the reinstallation, isn't windows going to think that 2 devices are tied to this key?

Just now, SmolTree said:

2 devices are tied to this key?

No. Only if there was a major hardware change, such as motherboard/platform change it will not activate.