Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X DDR4 Compatibility

This maybe a noob question but:

This board has a PCIe 5.0 x16 SMD Slot

Info from Gigabyte below:

1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x16 (PCIEX16) (The PCIEX16 slot conforms to PCI Express 5.0 standard.)

2 x PCI Express x16 slots, running at x4 (PCIEX4_1, PCIEX4_2) (The PCIEX4 slots conform to PCI Express 3.0 standard.)
It also uses PCIe 4.0 SSD
Info from Gigabyte below:

2 x M.2 connector (Socket 3, M key, type 2260/2280/22110 PCIe 4.0 x4/x2 SSD support) (M2P_SB, M2Q_SB)

1 x M.2 connector (Socket 3, M key, type 2260/2280/22110 SATA and PCIe 4.0 x4/x2 SSD support) (M2M_SB)

Knowing that, how can I tell if my GPU (RTX 2070 super: gen 3) and SSD Gen 3 are compatible?

EDIT: for more info this PC will run a 12600K, 2070 Super, G.Skill Trident 3600. Should I just go with a B660 board?

Pcie is backwards compatible so even a pcie gen 1.1 device will work on a pcie gen 5 slot assuming the board even supports a device that old

Gskill tends to be overpriced so i suggest getting the cheapest 3200 cl16/3600 cl18 ram kit you can find, any other bin is a ripoff overclocked ballistix will demolish

If you dont wanna cpu oc then you may wanna get a 12700f and a decent b660/h670 board, main focus is i/o and expansion so ignore everything else other than that cause its marketing garbage like beefy vrms which are completely useless on a non oc board and cpu

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2022 at 11:24 PM, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Pcie is backwards compatible so even a pcie gen 1.1 device will work on a pcie gen 5 slot assuming the board even supports a device that old

Gskill tends to be overpriced so i suggest getting the cheapest 3200 cl16/3600 cl18 ram kit you can find, any other bin is a ripoff overclocked ballistix will demolish

If you dont wanna cpu oc then you may wanna get a 12700f and a decent b660/h670 board, main focus is i/o and expansion so ignore everything else other than that cause its marketing garbage like beefy vrms which are completely useless on a non oc board and cpu

The 12700F is more expensive, its has 4 more threads. Is it any better when compared to standard clock?

you can take a look at the ram Irupees have been considering at 

you do not need anything higher than 3200mhz and the trident ram is quite overpriced so hopefully this helped

and also just put all the hardware together and let the CPU and chipset do the stuff but put the nvme SSD(with one notch instead of 2) in the slot closer to the CPU so then you will not be bottlenecking it

2 minutes ago, shreshta said:

and also just put all the hardware together and let the CPU and chipset do the stuff but put the nvme SSD(with one notch instead of 2) in the slot closer to the CPU so then you will not be bottlenecking it

Nothing is going to bottleneck regardless of the M.2 slot he uses.