Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm using a Virtual Audio Cable software to emulates a song in my record. Does not sound like the original .mp3.

BoomerL4D

Go to solution Solved by BoomerL4D,
15 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

One is 184k, the other is 219k. I assume the 1 and 2 ending the file names correspond to original and re-record. I also notice an approximately 1 second difference in length favoring file 2, so I doubt this is a sound-activated recording issue.

It's very slight, but it does sound like there is some sort of booster or effect that is 'warming' the sound. You may want to check any effects within the software to see if anything like that could be an issue.

Ty!!!
image.png.b9335e5bffdc36d8efef23e887f59bc3.png

The issue is the SOUND, does not sound like the original .mp3 file, i tried several softwares, current using VB Driver Áudio Cable, can anyone help me?

Is it possibly encoding to MIDI? Those tones are often different than original recordings.

OP: My PC cuts off and crashes. Is the 1000W PSU enough?  ME: 1000W is plenty, PSU or system board could be faulty. Get both tested.

OP: I don't think so, both parts were purchased last week.        😒  Why bother asking if you second-guess the advice?

Friends don't let friends use Apple.                                              NOTE: Recently diagnosed autistic. I don't intend to ruffle anyone's feathers.

4 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

Is it possibly encoding to MIDI? Those tones are often different than original recordings.

The mp3 file it's perfect the change is when i record via VB Driver Áudio Cable etc...

Can you be more specific as to how it doesn't sound the same? Is it like reverb or something?

OP: My PC cuts off and crashes. Is the 1000W PSU enough?  ME: 1000W is plenty, PSU or system board could be faulty. Get both tested.

OP: I don't think so, both parts were purchased last week.        😒  Why bother asking if you second-guess the advice?

Friends don't let friends use Apple.                                              NOTE: Recently diagnosed autistic. I don't intend to ruffle anyone's feathers.

7 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

Can you be more specific as to how it doesn't sound the same? Is it like reverb or something?

Sure... 
When i play a .mp3 file the sound it's like 10/10.

image.png.ef5f82617da3ff83dd32c2b4f98ac40c.png

When i record using a software to emulate the mic, like the VB Driver Audio Cable does not reproduce the sound with the exact precision! 8/10.

image.png.1e6b3d40966c827605d9f9109f9f8a5c.png

image.png.92df919589ee9dcf4a2784bda3534e46.png

You pasted partial screenshots, not audio. Can you try sharing the before and after with Google Drive or something?

Unless you're referring to the difference in length? I see 9:32 vs 14:23 there. Is the problem you describe sort of a truncated file, like the tempo was varied or something? I use Audacity and it has an option to set a threshold for audio recording, where it won't record or pauses recording when signal drops below a set threshold (I set mine at -42 db). Until I set that up, I had line noise and until I homed in on what worked for my system, certain portions of recordings would 'dropout'. Is that similar to what you're describing?

1 minute ago, An0maly_76 said:

You pasted partial screenshots, not audio. Can you try sharing the before and after with Google Drive or something?

Sure, thanks for your patience.
https://we.tl/t-DJpX1PdzzG

One is 184k, the other is 219k. I assume the 1 and 2 ending the file names correspond to original and re-record. I also notice an approximately 1 second difference in length favoring file 2, so I doubt this is a sound-activated recording issue.

It's very slight, but it does sound like there is some sort of booster or effect that is 'warming' the sound. You may want to check any effects within the software to see if anything like that could be an issue.

Question -- I notice you said 'emulate', not necessarily, record... Can you elaborate there?

15 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

Ty!!!
image.png.b9335e5bffdc36d8efef23e887f59bc3.png

Also, I found that I had a sort of ground loop noise from HDMI audio through a TV. Wound up getting a filter like this one from Amazon.