Games feels laggy (bad frame time?)

ezio313

So I bought an i5-10400 with msi 6600xt along 16gb 2666hz cl16 (2 sticks)

In warzone specifically in caldera (the bigger Battle royal map) the game feels so bad, so many stuttering and lags, on rebirth island the game feels butter smooth. here's the benchmark from msi afterburner. GPU usage around 80-95% and cpu around 50-70% with all cores showing similar usage and 4000 clock. Ram usage 13gb. You can see that the main difference between the 2 benchmarks (aside from higher avrg frames is that the FRAME TIME in rebirth is flat while in caldera its zigzag) why this is happening and how to solve it? Thanks

I tried

1. enabling and disabling v-sync and free synch,
  2. borderless vs full screen 
  3. setting low cap for fps (80fps) and also downscaling to 720p (reached 125 avrg)

bench.png.ac36ba20c1865c6e24d1f44f54ab4cf1.png

bench2.thumb.png.999f31de93b27608f87daf0db942ad94.png

Try with different resolution and graphics settings. You didn't really mention either apart from downscaling which seems pointless addition since you could just lower resolution to achieve same thing.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

21 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Try with different resolution and graphics settings. You didn't really mention either apart from downscaling which seems pointless addition since you could just lower resolution to achieve same thing.

Yea I meant changing resolution by that. Yea also tried low vs high settings same issue. The only difference is that at low there seem to be some bottleneck as GPU usage don't go above 80%. By the way I also tried battlefield 1 and the frame time is not flat but also not zigzag.somewhere in between, it feels smooth also.

56 minutes ago, ezio313 said:

Yea I meant changing resolution by that. Yea also tried low vs high settings same issue. The only difference is that at low there seem to be some bottleneck as GPU usage don't go above 80%. By the way I also tried battlefield 1 and the frame time is not flat but also not zigzag.somewhere in between, it feels smooth also.

You are probably mostly seeing game itself being issue and memory hog. This is why even gamers might need to upgrade to 32gb.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

You are probably mostly seeing game itself being issue and memory hog. This is why even gamers might need to upgrade to 32gb.

Can you elaborate on the 1st point pls. What is memory hog.also I tried it as a cyber cafe with an i78700,3060 and 16gb ram and the game is smooth.

1 hour ago, ezio313 said:

Can you elaborate on the 1st point pls. What is memory hog.also I tried it as a cyber cafe with an i78700,3060 and 16gb ram and the game is smooth.

Memory hog means that some process in the system will take up available memory. Though if you are able to use same settings on another system, then issue is something else. Could be GPU drivers and optimisation (games being optimized for one manufacturer over another was big thing years ago, and could still partly be).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

4 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

could still partly be

Forza games still are optimized for AMD over nVidia, in no small part due to the Xbox over the past 2 generations using AMD graphics hardware.

The Radeon 680m, which trails behind the 1050 in most games, demolished it in Forza Horizon 4 (20 FPS advantage). It's still a thing, but I don't think this is his issue lol. Just thought it was cool info (if you didn't already know this)

5 minutes ago, DANK_AS_gay said:

Forza games still are optimized for AMD over nVidia, in no small part due to the Xbox over the past 2 generations using AMD graphics hardware.

The Radeon 680m, which trails behind the 1050 in most games, demolished it in Forza Horizon 4 (20 FPS advantage). It's still a thing, but I don't think this is his issue lol. Just thought it was cool info (if you didn't already know this)

I brought it up since OP has AMD GPU and sees better performance from Nvidia. Granted, the Nvidia might be better card overall.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I5 10400 16gb ram msi 6600xt. SO I'm facing this issue in most games, Elden ring and warzone most notably. although Elden ring is capped at 60fps, frame time is bad, same goes to warzone and to a lesser degree BF1. Tried capping fps using riva statistics, lowering resolution and nothing worked. I ran some benchmarks on the cpu and gpu and the results are normal. What do you suggest?

elden rinf.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, bought a gaming PC 2 weeks ago:

i510400

Hikvision 16gb 3200hz cl16 (dual channel)

Msi 6600xt

Bx500 1 TB crucial SSD

Hikvision 1tb nvme

Cooler master gold 700w

Case with 4 fans

I noticed games like warzone, elden ring and fortnite suffered from stuttering. Among further inspections. I noticed that although frame rate is high(above 100 at 1080p) the frame time is so bad, going from 8 to 20 and even 40ms(especially in warzone and Fortnite). CPU usage was 70% on msi afterburner. Other games like tomb raider and God of war didn't suffer like this. 

I tried many online solutions (capping fps at 80, lowering resolution, reinstall windows and GPU drivers, installing c++ packages) and none worked. 

I then replaced the NVME with crucial bx500 ssd and the msi 6600xt with power color 6600xt.

I tried warzone at a gaming lounge with i7 8700 3060 and it worked fine. 

my question is whether the crappy biostar mother board or the hikvision ram could have played a role in this and thus need replacement also? Or it's software? 

As we previously mentioned, RAM,CPU,disk, motherboard and software all can affect your frametimes.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

7 minutes ago, ezio313 said:

Hi, bought a gaming PC 2 weeks ago:

i510400

Hikvision 16gb 3200hz cl16 (dual channel)

Msi 6600xt

Bx500 1 TB crucial SSD

Hikvision 1tb nvme

Cooler master gold 700w

Case with 4 fans

I noticed games like warzone, elden ring and fortnite suffered from stuttering. Among further inspections. I noticed that although frame rate is high(above 100 at 1080p) the frame time is so bad, going from 8 to 20 and even 40ms(especially in warzone and Fortnite). CPU usage was 70% on msi afterburner. Other games like tomb raider and God of war didn't suffer like this. 

I tried many online solutions (capping fps at 80, lowering resolution, reinstall windows and GPU drivers, installing c++ packages) and none worked. 

I then replaced the NVME with crucial bx500 ssd and the msi 6600xt with power color 6600xt.

I tried warzone at a gaming lounge with i7 8700 3060 and it worked fine. 

my question is whether the crappy biostar mother board or the hikvision ram could have played a role in this and thus need replacement also? Or it's software? 

Just while testing try setting memory speed to default (auto). It should run 2133mhz. If you any software installed from biostar or anything else that's not drivers for gpu or motherboard, then delete that. 

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

Those games are online connected. So your network/internet can be at fault to.

3 hours ago, Pandur said:

Those games are online connected. So your network/internet can be at fault to.

thats possible but unlikely. 

I think especially the GPU being not that great is the bigger issue.  

3 hours ago, DoctorNick said:

and also the most likely dramless harddrives aren't gonna help either, sadly.

Quick "fix" is to try limit the framerate to 60 or so, you should have a more stable experience (the harddrives might still pose a problem though tbh)

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

1 minute ago, Mark Kaine said:

thats possible but unlikely. 

I think especially the GPU being not that great is the bigger issue.  

and also the most likely dramless harddrives aren't gonna help either, sadly.

Quick "fix" is to try limit the framerate to 60 or so, you should have a more stable experience (the harddrives might still pose a problem though tbh)

I already tried to limit fps to 60, GPU usage went to 70% but this didn't help. I'll try to install an SSD with dram and try again, although most people I know run their games on dram less ssd

*** Threads merged ***

Please continue troubleshooting in existing thread. Further threads made on same subject may be seen as spamming.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Based on this topic,

someone on toms hardware advised me to do the following:

• Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver using DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors (is a must, should be 12 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no and keep uninstalling all processors) on device manager like this:
    unknown.png

• Uninstall AMD Chipset Software in control panel (if there is none, skip it.)

• restart the pc to bios, flash to this bios (have all the latest ME Firmware) (plug a flashdrive formatted at Fat32 at the motherboard back usb port, extract the .rar file on the flash drive directly, go to bios by pressing F2 or del or F12 during powering pc (spam all of them), find flash utility, and pick H51KRC21.BSS, and proceed flashing), then after updating bios go to bios again, then load default or optimized settings, disable CSM, enable Above 4G Decoding and Resizable bar option if you want to (these 2 options wont be available unless CSM is disabled), then save and exit.

• boot up to windows and install the latest Chipset driver (if chipset wont install, its fine, skip it) and ME Driver, then reboot.
  • Install the latest radeon driver or try Amenime Zone driver, and then connect to internet.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did). Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step in orders.

• Run cmd as admin, then do chkdsk /x /f /r, after that do sfc /scannow.

• And check windows update if there is any and install them (except optional update).

My issue is that

1. Don't know how to format my usb to fat32
  2. I cant  download the chipset and ME driver, I visit the site, press download but nothing happens, so if you can provide and alternative I would appreciate it. The guy don't know o0ther sites.

Don't download the drivers from some sketchy site, if you know the model of your motherboard, go to motherboard site, go to support section and download from there.

As far as Inel ME goes, you can probably find that in the same section, or on intel website.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

44 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

Don't download the drivers from some sketchy site, if you know the model of your motherboard, go to motherboard site, go to support section and download from there.

As far as Inel ME goes, you can probably find that in the same section, or on intel website.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/sku/199271/intel-core-i510400-processor-12m-cache-up-to-4-30-ghz/downloads.html

This is the i5 10400 me driver right?

-= Topics Merged =-

Please do not repost topics, just update your original one until the issue is resolved.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER