Strix D4 gaming z690. Share your daily OC

Go to solution Solved by Somerandomtechyboi,
1 hour ago, PC,Grave,Robber said:

7c14T

(we don't talk about P-core5)

Sucks to have a trash core on an otherwise fine cpu, literally makes my x5660 a garbage cpu just because core 3 is a dud and needs ~.06v more compared to the other cores, though this thing is already a dud to begin with only getting 4.85g boot on 2 cores with 1.7v while 990x cruising at 5g ~1.6v if kept under 70c

Though 7 cores is still fine instead of 5 cores compounded by a 12 year old architecture

Cpu oc has been dead since 9th gen so unless you got a big car rad, water chiller, or phase change cpu oc is mostly pointless only wasting power with no performance gain, not like the old days where you could hit 5g with a binned e8600 or 2600k for a massive oc over stock though ram and gpu oc are still fine

Memory@4600mhz

Speaking of which those are some pretty horrible timings if its binned samsung b die, check thaiphoon burner for info on the ics

Its most likely one of the ics that can handle high volt (micron rev e/b/j, samaung b die, etc.) So you can run as much volt as you want and the rams dont degrade so ideal volt range would be ~1.6-1.75v though youll prob hit cooling limits if you go above 1.7v, you will need a fan to run over 1.5v due to thermals

5000 cl16 ~1.75v is what you can expect from good bin b die and 5000 cl17/18 ~1.6-1.7v is what you can expect from good bin micron rev e though good luck getting to 1.7v cause they usually top out ~1.6v and above that they may error, but thats ideal expectations, reality may be 200mhz less due to stuff like volts, cooling, board, imc, etc. Imc volt ive heard 1.4v is max safe but going slightly over is not the end of the world, just use as much volt as you need

Buildzoid and github ddr4 oc guide are good sources of info on this sort of ram oc shenanigans, if your rams happen to be micron rev e (guaranteed rev e if ballistix) then this may be of some help, you can also look around on ocing forums for this sort of info

If you push volt over 1.7v then no guarantees that imc may start slightly degrading overtime

Strix Z690 D4

1-3080ti

16gb ddr4 4500

E cores disabled for more OC headroom on cache and

?memory?

7c14T

~All Core@5300mhz

Cache@5100mhz

Memory@4600mhz

Subs~auto populated 🤤

Definitely seems more capable then 9th gen Core. I missed out on 10th and 11th gen intel..

intel really should advertise the performance w/ e cores disabled aswell, would make raptor lake a maybe,.. though I'll probably wait for post sapphire rapids, ~xeon~,depending on the cost

To much a headache to have two sets of specs for one cpu perhaps,,, 😁🤑🙃 

7c14T

Sucks to have a trash core on an otherwise fine cpu, literally makes my x5660 a garbage cpu just because core 3 is a dud and needs ~.06v more compared to the other cores, though this thing is already a dud to begin with only getting 4.85g boot on 2 cores with 1.7v while 990x cruising at 5g ~1.6v if kept under 70c

Though 7 cores is still fine instead of 5 cores compounded by a 12 year old architecture

Cpu oc has been dead since 9th gen so unless you got a big car rad, water chiller, or phase change cpu oc is mostly pointless only wasting power with no performance gain, not like the old days where you could hit 5g with a binned e8600 or 2600k for a massive oc over stock though ram and gpu oc are still fine

Memory@4600mhz

Speaking of which those are some pretty horrible timings if its binned samsung b die, check thaiphoon burner for info on the ics

Its most likely one of the ics that can handle high volt (micron rev e/b/j, samaung b die, etc.) So you can run as much volt as you want and the rams dont degrade so ideal volt range would be ~1.6-1.75v though youll prob hit cooling limits if you go above 1.7v, you will need a fan to run over 1.5v due to thermals

5000 cl16 ~1.75v is what you can expect from good bin b die and 5000 cl17/18 ~1.6-1.7v is what you can expect from good bin micron rev e though good luck getting to 1.7v cause they usually top out ~1.6v and above that they may error, but thats ideal expectations, reality may be 200mhz less due to stuff like volts, cooling, board, imc, etc. Imc volt ive heard 1.4v is max safe but going slightly over is not the end of the world, just use as much volt as you need

Buildzoid and github ddr4 oc guide are good sources of info on this sort of ram oc shenanigans, if your rams happen to be micron rev e (guaranteed rev e if ballistix) then this may be of some help, you can also look around on ocing forums for this sort of info

If you push volt over 1.7v then no guarantees that imc may start slightly degrading overtime

9 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

check thaiphoon burner for info on the ics

"Thaiphoon burner"(?)  Recomended download server if I can't find it on a  "Sus I trust" TM repository server via a Google search..

10 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Lol I just set 1.4v Chip mem Volt because cache and some other volts could all run comfortably👻 I didn't consider it might just need more boost, z390 was pre mainstream ~high freq ddr4 I guess.. my building just banned in window AC units so Already pre-gammed the fans, more Canadian Foot Metrics can offset higher ambient temps or so ive heard.

16537754460161131311088361265635.jpg