Screen goes black after disabling CMS in bios

MustachePotet
1 hour ago, MustachePotet said:

If you don’t think the PCIE cable is the issue, what do you think is the issue? 

CSM provides compatibility for older hardware do you have anything that might require it?

Most likely his OS drive isn't formatted GPT/set up for UEFI boot and that's why CSM is needed, but that shouldn't prevent from getting into the BIOS.

Maybe try disconnecting all drives temporarily and see if you can get in the BIOS again...

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

On 5/28/2022 at 11:14 PM, Kilrah said:

I don't know, there have been a number of people with the same issue over the past months but I don't recall any of the threads I followed getting to a solution with equipment similar to yours. Some had issues with the GPU VBIOS not running with CSM disabled and had to install another card temporarily to be able to get into the BIOS to reenable it but those were old cards, 30 series should have no problem with that.

Alright, I have now tried to change riser cable from PCIE 4 to PCIE 3. Doesn’t work. I have even tried to take out the CMOS Battery out and put it back in. Doesn’t work. I honestly don’t know what to do. 

Did you try unplugging the drives to see if you could get into the uefi bios?

2 hours ago, StalePie42 said:

Did you try unplugging the drives to see if you could get into the uefi bios?

I fixed it! After seven hours of trying to fix this, I updated the bios via QFlash and now I have the screen on, BIOS is accessible and I can boot to windows.