What type of "fan" curve on my Lian Li Gallahad AIO pump?

Natsukashii
Go to solution Solved by Alvin853,
3 hours ago, Natsukashii said:

So I just got my very first AIO on my new 12900k

Got scarred pretty badly imediately as my fans where blasting full speed and my CPU was hovering around 80° idle with the tubes being pretty warm

Had to do some investigating and look up videos for dead aio pump but turns out it wasn't dead at all, it was just turning too slowly at around 1200rpm.

I use a Z690 Gigabyte Aorus Master and the monitoring software SIV allow me to setup fan curve so I turned it up from 1200rpm to 2200rpm and now my fans stays fairly quiet and my idles temps are around 35°

What i'm asking is that is 2000rpm a high number for a pump? seems like it's maximum is around 3342rpm.
What kind of curve should I setup for the pump? My current one looks like this :

image.thumb.png.5a40b39693be6039e3a29fb2e9855b06.png

The Galahad pump turns off below about 50%, so it wasn't turning at 1200 rpm, the Aorus software is just a piece of shit that does 30% of 3342 rpm is 1200 rpm, but it doesn't read the actual speed of the pump. So your pump was just straight up not running. Just set it to a fixed 60% or so, and leave it, for some reason the Galahad pumps make a whine when running too fast, and you're not going to notice a difference between 60% and 100% speed on an AiO, you only need high pump speeds on long loops that have multiple blocks and radiators.

Got scarred pretty badly imediately as my fans where blasting full speed and my CPU was hovering around 80° idle with the tubes being pretty warm

Had to do some investigating and look up videos for dead aio pump but turns out it wasn't dead at all, it was just turning too slowly at around 1200rpm.

I use a Z690 Gigabyte Aorus Master and the monitoring software SIV allow me to setup fan curve so I turned it up from 1200rpm to 2200rpm and now my fans stays fairly quiet and my idles temps are around 35°

What i'm asking is that is 2000rpm a high number for a pump? seems like it's maximum is around 3342rpm.
What kind of curve should I setup for the pump? My current one looks like this :

1 minute ago, glenalz81 said:

I prefer to leave my AIO pumps at a fixed speed, usually around 80-90% and have a pleasent fan curve set.

what kind of RPM this amount to? at full speed my pump makes a lot of noise (around 3200rpm) so I was scarred it would cause issue

I usually left pump at %60 up until 70c then ramp it up to %100 instantly.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

2 minutes ago, Levent said:

I usually left pump at %60 up until 70c then ramp it up to %100 instantly.

ok so currently my AIO hover around 50% at idle temp of 35°c you think it's alright to turn it up more, then I will try a higher curve

3 minutes ago, Natsukashii said:

what kind of RPM this amount to? at full speed my pump makes a lot of noise (around 3200rpm) so I was scarred it would cause issue

Your pump makes a lot of noise? Hmm, usually the Pump is the quiet part and the fans are the noise makers. If I were you I would just test it out. Make the baseline 60% and gradually increase from there, run a couple of benchmarks (especially CPU benchmarks) and see what happens to the temps. If they increase too much adjust the curve to something more aggressive.

1 minute ago, aaradorn said:

Your pump makes a lot of noise? Hmm, usually the Pump is the quiet part and the fans are the noise makers. If I were you I would just test it out. Make the baseline 60% and gradually increase from there, run a couple of benchmarks (especially CPU benchmarks) and see what happens to the temps. If they increase too much adjust the curve to something more aggressive.

yeah at full speed the pump is pretty noisy, not more than the fans but I could hear it so I was thinking it didn't like turning full speed
Yeah I have to try cpu benchmarks, thanks for the tip, what kind of free benchmarks are there? should I use aida? cinebench? (is that free?)

34 minutes ago, aaradorn said:

So I did a cinebench run and my temp went pretty high but everything was at max speed so I cannot really improve anything aside from adding more fans but here's the result

btw it seems cpuid doesn't see my unifan rpm, they are not shown here, the fanin2 is a gpu fan addon

image.png.d79c8678885a083c9a0f7a5334fa569b.png

3 hours ago, Natsukashii said:

The Galahad pump turns off below about 50%, so it wasn't turning at 1200 rpm, the Aorus software is just a piece of shit that does 30% of 3342 rpm is 1200 rpm, but it doesn't read the actual speed of the pump. So your pump was just straight up not running. Just set it to a fixed 60% or so, and leave it, for some reason the Galahad pumps make a whine when running too fast, and you're not going to notice a difference between 60% and 100% speed on an AiO, you only need high pump speeds on long loops that have multiple blocks and radiators.

59 minutes ago, Alvin853 said:

oh that might be why it was so high then, it wasn't running

yeah aorus software is pretty messy, had to get one of their board because it had the most features for the price but just no looking at their software after having setup everything

yeah I was hearing some noise, will try fixed speed if things look weird when gaming