New build crashes when waking up from sleep mode

Hello everyone, hoping to get some help. This is a brand new build, but I had a similar issue on my previous build that I never looked into. I'm thinking it has to do with the AMD processor but I am not sure.

My PC runs perfectly fine, benchmarks great, never an issue when using it. But, when it goes to sleep, either automatically or manually, when I go wake it up the computer is completely locked up. It wakes up, but no mouse or keyboard. I see the Windows lock screen, but nothing responds and the time never changes. It's completely locked. I unplugged and replugged in my keyboard/mouse, and it made no difference. Only way to bring it back is a hard reboot. I have tried reinstalling Windows, both 10 and 11, all drivers are up to date, and currently in Windows 11 it says I can't change my power mode since it's locked in high performance mode.

Is there anything anyone can suggest I try? Please! Thank you. Full specs are below:

Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming

Ryzen 9 5900x

Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060

32GB Corsair DDR4-3200 Ram (I tried with just 16GB and it did it there too)

Corsair 600W PSU

Thank you for any help anyone can provide.

Win11 is developing a bad rep it will likely as usual slowly develop its way out of.  It usually takes a few years. I’m thinking windows settings myself. Sounds like the easiest solution is find a sleep mode where it doesn’t crash.   If there isn’t any way to change the sleep mode (which strikes me as unlikely, but possible on win11)  maybe roll back to win10

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

16 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Win11 is developing a bad rep it will likely as usual slowly develop its way out of.  It usually takes a few years. I’m thinking windows settings myself. Sounds like the easiest solution is find a sleep mode where it doesn’t crash.   If there isn’t any way to change the sleep mode (which strikes me as unlikely, but possible on win11)  maybe roll back to win10

I tried using Windows 10 first, and had the same issues unfortunately.

10 minutes ago, LiquidMaker1 said:

I tried using Windows 10 first, and had the same issues unfortunately.

The same problem on two different operating systems says an issue below the OS so BIOS or hardware.  It’s possible I suppose that you used the same bad OS settings both times but it seems unlikely.  The concept of unstable overclock didn’t come up though.  No overclocks on cpu or ram?  If so pull those run the ram at bog stick default with no fiddling and see if that fixes it.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Just now, Bombastinator said:

The same problem on two different operating systems says an issue below the OS so BIOS or hardware.  It’s possible I suppose that you used the same bad OS settings both times but it seems unlikely.  The concept of unstable overclock didn’t come up though.  No overclocks on cpu or ram?  If so pull those run the ram at bog stick default with no fiddling and see if that fixes it.

I did change the RAM to the 3200 spec, it defaulted at 2800 or something if I recall correctly. But that was just a drop down, I didn't go in and adjust timings or anything.

I will give it a try running it at the default option. Thank you for the idea!

2 minutes ago, LiquidMaker1 said:

I did change the RAM to the 3200 spec, it defaulted at 2800 or something if I recall correctly. But that was just a drop down, I didn't go in and adjust timings or anything.

I will give it a try running it at the default option. Thank you for the idea!

I forget what the standard default for ddr4 is 2100 somethingorother