I am fucking pissed at AMD

Can anyone with the most recent driver build for Adrenaline Software and find out if recording/streaming tab is missing? Linus, can you check yours as well? I am tired of this shit.

image.png.57d575e872315bf5642d45e60b697cc3.png

It's still there for me.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

Did you select "Full Install" for the installation type, or was it minimal or even driver only?

~edit: Just updated to 22.5.1, working on my end as well, tab is still there

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

1 minute ago, Eigenvektor said:

Did you select "Full Install" for the installation type, or was it minimal or even driver only?

Full. See my troubleshooting steps on Reddit via /r/AMDhelp:

Alternative solution listed here:

It fucking sucks, but what choice do I have? Yes, I use DDU and all that shit, doesn't work.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 2200G

GPU: AMD Radeon 6600XT 8GB.

Sounds like its a Microsoft issue not an AMD issue honestly o.o 

Generally the Record tab of AMD has been buggy so ill give you that, They will have to redo it to properly work. The no sound bug thats been a plague on it. Really annoying to try fixing odd issues with their softare.

24 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

Sounds like its a Microsoft issue not an AMD issue honestly o.o 

Generally the Record tab of AMD has been buggy so ill give you that, They will have to redo it to properly work. The no sound bug thats been a plague on it. Really annoying to try fixing odd issues with their softare.

Seriously? With all of the hacks going around, it sure does make AMD/Microsoft look so incompetent. 

23 minutes ago, hotp00 said:

Seriously? With all of the hacks going around, it sure does make AMD/Microsoft look so incompetent. 

And for every 1 person that complains loudly thousands of others have no issues in silence. 

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

just use OBS, recording with Adrenaline often buggy.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

1 hour ago, SupaKomputa said:

just use OBS, recording with Adrenaline often buggy.

yep.
recording with adrenaline always game me weird intermittent input latency, but only on the keyboard, mouse inputs would be normal, but keyboard inputs would lag a second behind randomly. 
OBS is better in every way

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

Everyone - issue is resolved!

I had to disable iGPU in my BIOS. I can't believe this, BIOS should be able to detect whether the user has a graphic card or iGPU (aka APU) installed then make the proper configuration. Took me 2 weeks to figure this out.  

You can use Windows Game Bar (Win+G) to record and take game screenshots.

The issue with Windows Update drivers delivery, is that bit is complicated. It could be AMD that requested a roll back due to user complaints. Could be Microsoft who does a roll back due to BSOD or system stability with certain hardware configuration, or what, surprisingly happens often, the manufacturer who delivers the drivers to Windows Update servers, screws up the version. And now it thinks it has newer drivers when it doesn't.

The beauty of all this is that while it is the manufacturer fault, the user blames Windows. So why fix their broken process?

• 4 weeks later...

Issue resolved. I had to disable iGPU on my motherboard - LOL! I know, embarrassing. Although it should be automatic when external graphic card adapter is presented.