Motherboard code 23

Blood z wolf
Go to solution Solved by Blood z wolf,

The motherboard had a pin bent

On my dad‘s computer when I tried to power it on it will get the code 23 on the motherboard The motherboard is a asus 590

E574BA8B-1AA2-40DF-B0ED-22867B28D552.jpeg

What does the board manual say code 23 is?

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

3 minutes ago, Middcore said:

What does the board manual say code 23 is?

I don’t have the manual and I cannot find it online

1 minute ago, Blood z wolf said:

I don’t have the manual and I cannot find it online

The manual will be on Asus's product page for the board. If you don't know the board model, it will be silkscreened on the board itself somewhere.

All Asus Z590 boards should use the same set of codes.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

It’s also possible that the code is reading E2 which only says “Video Repost” as the description. I would recommend a CMOS reset first and then try reseating graphics card or switching to onboard video

13 minutes ago, kepi2 said:

It’s also possible that the code is reading E2 which only says “Video Repost” as the description. I would recommend a CMOS reset first and then try reseating graphics card or switching to onboard video

Nah. The picture is in the correct orientation. It's 23. The debug display is in the upper right corner of the board near the DIMM slots (the upper latch for one of which is just visible in the photo).

On 5/27/2022 at 9:28 PM, Middcore said:

Nah. The picture is in the correct orientation. It's 23. The debug display is in the upper right corner of the board near the DIMM slots (the upper latch for one of which is just visible in the photo).

Still can’t get it to work 

5 minutes ago, Blood z wolf said:

Still can’t get it to work 

Read the "Read before asking for help" stickied thread on this forum and act accordingly. 

This one refers to Bios vector initialization. 

Clear the cmos is the first step.....

• 2 weeks later...