Router wifi bad, access point or mesh?

Crandit

Hello Everyone,

Long time viewer here in need of some advice.

I have recently moved in to a new apartment but my router's wifi doesn't reach the entire house. 

So i though about making either a mesh or an acces point somewhere.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

42 minutes ago, Crandit said:

Hello Everyone,

Long time viewer here in need of some advice.

I have recently moved in to a new apartment but my router's wifi doesn't reach the entire house. 

So i though about making either a mesh or an acces point somewhere.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

In general, if you can't relocate your existing WiFi gear to a more central place in the home that provides full WiFi coverage, your best bet is to install WIRED access points that create a blanket of WiFi around the areas you need coverage in. Short of that, a quality MESH system can also work, like those from ASUS or TP-Link.

That said, without knowing your floorplan / house layout, it's hard for us to say much more than that, as we don't know where you're able to HARD WIRE access points or where you're having coverage gaps.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Thanks for your response, i am able to hardwire the access points or a mesh if need be. i heard that the ubiquiti ones are good but somewhat expensive, the TP link i don't know about the app and the anti virus thing it has