Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra... What storage option should I choose...?

Go to solution Solved by ExalyThor,

Save your money and get the 256GB variant. IDK what someone could possibly do with their phones to find 256GB limiting beside recording countless hours at 4K for Youtube stuff.

Hello!

I am thinking to buy a Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra and I have never used a Samsung phone before so I was wondering what storage option should I choose?

Indian Variants:

12 / 256GB

12 / 512GB

12 / 1TB

I am not a photoholic, but I may click some photos here and there like the swags I receive from companies and maybe click photos of vacations(very less frequent) but I do store a good amount of screenshots.

How much usable storage is there when you first turn on the phone?

Is there any bloatware? Is it removable? How much storage does it take?

How much storage does the system take?

I may download shows for offline viewing from netflix and amazon prime when I go for a trip or something... Probably 1-2 seasons with 24 episodes maybe more depends on the trip...

18 minutes ago, linustechchips said:

Hello!

I am thinking to buy a Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra and I have never used a Samsung phone before so I was wondering what storage option should I choose?

Indian Variants:

12 / 256GB

12 / 512GB

12 / 1TB

I am not a photoholic, but I may click some photos here and there like the swags I receive from companies and maybe click photos of vacations(very less frequent) but I do store a good amount of screenshots.

I may download shows for offline viewing from netflix and amazon prime when I go for a trip or something... Probably 1-2 seasons with 24 episodes maybe more depends on the trip...

System takes ~ 12GB of storage on its own. Bloatware is there, and its not the easiest to remove, i would say abt 4gb, but you can remove it with enough effort.

i would go with 512, as 256 runs out a LOT faster than you would think.

I’d bet you’re in the phones and tablets category (my domain haha)
The king of quack, That android guy…

samsung s10e | android enthusiast | Tech blogger

24 minutes ago, linustechchips said:

Hello!

Indian Variants:

12 / 256GB

12 / 512GB

12 / 1TB

The s22 has about 20gb taken then from your usecase any of these devices will be good enough.

In my opinion it doesn't sound like you'll need a whole lot of storage. I have the 128GB variant of the S21 Ultra, and despite taking a good amount of photos and lots of video at 4K60 it still hasn't been much of an issue for me. I'd say the 256GB model would be a good option for you in the long run. It's plenty for now, and it'll give you room in the future so you won't have to clear the device off as much. 

Phobos: AMD Ryzen 7 2700, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4, ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, 1TB Samsung SSD 980, 450W Corsair CXM, Corsair Carbide 175R, Windows 11 Pro

Pluto: Intel Core i7-2600, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASUS P8Z68-V, 4GB XFX AMD Radeon RX 570, 1TB Samsung 860 EVO, 3TB Seagate BarraCuda, 750W EVGA BQ, Fractal Design Focus G, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

York (NAS): Intel Core i5-2400, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, HP Compaq OEM, 240GB Kingston V300 (boot), 3x2TB Seagate BarraCuda, 320W HP PSU, HP Compaq 6200 Pro, TrueNAS CORE (12.0)

Mid 2011 27" iMac (general use Mac): Intel Core i5-2400, 16GB 1333MHz DDR3, Z68 Logic Board, 1GB AMD Radeon HD 6970M, 500GB Crucial MX500, 2TB WD Blue, macOS High Sierra

49 minutes ago, kamonanban said:

System takes ~ 12GB of storage on its own. Bloatware is there, and its not the easiest to remove, i would say abt 4gb, but you can remove it with enough effort.

i would go with 512, as 256 runs out a LOT faster than you would think.

You are recording way to many videos and not dumping them on a drive. 128 GB for 99% of people is more then enough, 256 gb is  More then double that and i highly doubt most would even get close to it on a phone, 512? Unless you use your phone for literally all your recording (which is normal for youtube type starters) then i could see it, but also you delete the old file after you upload the raw to your computer.

Save your money and get the 256GB variant. IDK what someone could possibly do with their phones to find 256GB limiting beside recording countless hours at 4K for Youtube stuff.