Wireless Office Headset?

HI All,

I'm sort of looking into wireless headsets with mic for  the office use. I don't intend to use over the ear style headset because I need to hear my surroundings as well, so probably on hear option is to go.

Any suggestions what's good? 

I've tried using Jabra Evove 2 and some other cheap headsets but audio was disapointed. I may look Logitech Zone.

Also another question is why some bluetooth headphones use hands-free mode (speaker/mic) when you connect to the Computer or Laptop? The external speakers were really bad.

1 hour ago, obelisk415 said:

HI All,

I'm sort of looking into wireless headsets with mic for  the office use. I don't intend to use over the ear style headset because I need to hear my surroundings as well, so probably on hear option is to go.

I've tried using Jabra Evove 2 and some other cheap headsets but audio was disapointed. I may look Logitech Zone.

Also another question is why some bluetooth headphones use hands-free mode (speaker/mic) when you connect to the Computer or Laptop? The external speakers were really bad.

So it sounds like what you want is a set of wireless earbuds that have a passthrough option.  I understand apple makes a pro model that is pretty good at that.  They’re pricey though.  As for less expensive stuff that does that it’s a market that is constantly changing and I don’t keep up. As for the why they do that, it sounds like a default setting. Might be power saving.  That’s going to be a model by model thing.

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

For iPhone, AirPods Pro. For samsung, galaxy buds2, for other android, lmk and ill look further into it.

check your cables!
samsung s10e | android enthusiast | Tech blogger | XC Athlete | Surface pro 4

2 hours ago, obelisk415 said:

HI All,

You have the Sony link buds, if you want to hear your surroundings, linkbuds pro if you want to sleep, AirPods Pro for both for less monies, and the lg ones and the other Sony ones wh something that lienus liked, there are a bunch of videos on short circuit if you want opinions 

Imagine everything i have written in a Linus Voice/ linus tone (Spock live long and prosper gif here ,idk why tho, i guess i just want to say that i like star trek and am waiting for new seasons of the ongoing shows), But seriously, a lot of what i type only makes sense when said in a Linus tone from an older ltt video (circa 2017-2019 & now 2024-onwards) basically before he got a beard and a lot of it should make sense even in a Linus with a beard face.

also note as per the latest typing test on my laptop, my accuracy is 69%

I'm not weird/creepy, I'm just observant I have ADHD and am not on any meds for it.

no not really with the earplug type headphones. I wouldn't want that in my ear for long periods of time, since you get soar.

2 hours ago, obelisk415 said:

no not really with the earplug type headphones. I wouldn't want that in my ear for long periods of time, since you get soar.

Not if you use the right sized and shaped plugs. Some people just don’t like em though. In a worst case you can get things specially made.  They send you a wad of stuff to stick in your ear and you send it back to them and they cast off that to make a custom fitted plug.  A lot of pro musicians use that type.  They can be shockingly expensive.  Also they’re usually wired though there may be some blue tooth ones around.  If you don’t want plugs then it’s cans.  They don’t make much in the way of small headphones anymore.  It’s plugs or the big stuff. There is on ear or over ear.  The over ear ones look like the sound protection workers wear at airports but the on ear ones aren’t a lot smaller.  It depends on what is more comfortable for you.  If you don’t want to spend too much gaming headsets would be a likely way to go. 

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.