power supply help/ will my build be good for the price.

TheShadowA15
Go to solution Solved by SpookyCitrus,

Check out the PSU tier list on the forums here and get one that fits your budget. The power supply is a major component and not one you want to cheap out on. I'd say a quality 500-550w unit is all you need. 

The EVGA 500 GD or 600 GD are usually on sale for less than $60 here in the US so I'd look into them if they're sold in your country, if you can't I'd just try to find a solid unit off of the tier list.

so basically im looking into upgrading my pc from an old dell optiplex to something better 

currently what im looking at buying is 

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 185 euro

cooler: noctua nh-u12s redux 50 euro 

motherboard: ASUS PRIME B450M-A II 80 euro

ssd: samsung 980 m.2 49 euro 

case: coolermaster n200 65 euro 

i have an 8gb kit of ram i bought when i got my current pc that never went into it because its ddr4 my current pc is ddr3 i will also reuse my 2 harddrives and my gtx 1650 that i have in my current system.

what ijm struggling on is finding a good power supply ive looked at a few and just as i was thinking they look good i find people saying that they are terrible

ive looked at an LC-Power LC6560GP3 V2.3 power supply unit 560 W Black ive seen people say the gp3 power supplys are the only good ones lcpower makes but also people saying they are terrible and bad to even have in the system 

then i looked at corsair cv750 again ive seen people say its bad 

and then the corsair cx450m i liked the look of this one cause it was a little cheaper than the others and was semi modular my build isnt power demanding by any means i dont think so i thought this was good then ive seen people say its not great.

what should i go for ideally im looking for something semi modular with enough wattage for less than 70 euro. the semi modular part is optional. id appreciate the help. this is the first pc ill be fully building.

Check out the PSU tier list on the forums here and get one that fits your budget. The power supply is a major component and not one you want to cheap out on. I'd say a quality 500-550w unit is all you need. 

The EVGA 500 GD or 600 GD are usually on sale for less than $60 here in the US so I'd look into them if they're sold in your country, if you can't I'd just try to find a solid unit off of the tier list.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

16 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

you said 500-550 watt so would the cx550m be a good choice ive seen people say the gray labeled ones are good but the green labels arent the 550 is also cheaper on amazon than the 450 from where i was going to buy it 

32 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

on the psu tier list the cx550f rgb is gold in b tier meaning its best unit in the tier just making sure but the psu in this screenshot is that one correct i dont want to mess something up with my first build image.thumb.png.94243c1328923e53c2e39aea36b3c390.png

22 minutes ago, TheShadowA15 said:

on the psu tier list the cx550f rgb is gold in b tier meaning its best unit in the tier just making sure but the psu in this screenshot is that one correct i dont want to mess something up with my first build 

That should be more than fine. If it's gold in the tier list it's going to be one of the better units you can buy.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

2 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

That should be more than fine. If it's gold in the tier list it's going to be one of the better units you can buy.

thank you a lot for the help after looking into the power supply i looked into the other components to see if there was better i could get and i switched to a hyper 212 and with the money ive saved from the cooler and power supply im getting a  5 5600 instead of a 3600.