Win 10 An unexpected IO error has occured boot media won't work

Cdog580
Go to solution Solved by Cdog580,

Please see my second topic posting where the issue of not being able to install windows was solved:

Hello everyone,

So I had been away for a few days and when I got back I got the error message on my main PC:

An unexpected I/O error has occurred

File: \Windows\system32\winload.efi

errorcode 0xc00000e9

If I try enter recovery it doesn't work. and says I need to put in a recovery media.

So i make a windows 10 recovery usb and when I try to boot to the USB the bios splash screen looks weird and like broken up then the screen goes "windows blue" but I can't see any of the recovery or install options. If I press enter it flashes but i don't see anything on the screen. If i press ESC it takes me to the bios. I tried plugging in a new screen to see if it solved the weirdness but no dice. I just find it so weird that i can't even get into recovery off of a install USB. Also, if i don't boot from the USB the screen looks normal but i get that blue screen error message. Any advice on how to get this to recovery would be greatly appreciated!

-Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Please see my second topic posting where the issue of not being able to install windows was solved: