Extend my wifi 6 router or add a new router + satelites combo?

MiguelPinto
Go to solution Solved by MiguelPinto,

Update: I've managed to verify my cabled network (cat6) and managed to figure out the reason I couldnt get gigabit connection was the port on the router that only supported 100Mbits, so I've changed where my router connects (port3 that allows for bridge). After that since I could get gigabit in the office and the bedroom office I switched of the wifi from my provider router and added 2 Asus ZenWifi xt8 on each room in Access Point mode for the main XT8 and the otherone as a node. Now I can get 800Mbits on wifi anywhere in the house.

Hi Guys and Gals,

I have a few questions regarding my network at home (I do work from home permanently so I need really good speads).
My house is configured in a rectangular shape with around 173 meters in length, my router and switch are located in a box (ATI enclosure) inside a wall more or less in the middle of the house (this is relevant).
I do have cable network but is 100Mbit (will upgrade soon to 1Gbit but for now it is limited). I have included a diagram of the house. 
image.thumb.png.96c8a012b2edfed0c62a8c5f1bf87523.png

ATI box is where the router and switch are located (I cannot move this at all)
Thick lines are brick walls.
Green is good wifi signal 800Mbit/s, Yellow is ok 200Mbit/s, red no signal or very very weak.

Router is from the internet provider I cannot change this. here are the wifi certification specs:
Date of Last Certification: 2021-05-19

Brand: Vodafone Group PLC

Product: Vodafone Smart Router

Model Number: Huawei OptiXstar HG8247X6-8N

Product Model Variant: Huawei OptiXstar HG8247X6-8N

Category: Cable, DSL or Other Broadband Gateway (Integrated Home Access Device)

Operating System: Linux; Linux

Frequency Band(s): 2.4 GHz; 5 GHz

Optimization

Wi-Fi EasyMesh™
Wi-Fi Agile Multiband™
WMM®
WMM®-Power Save
Security

Protected Management Frames
WPA2™-Enterprise
WPA2™-Personal
WPA3™-Enterprise
WPA3™-Personal
Connectivity

Wi-Fi CERTIFIED 6™
Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™ ac
Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™ n
Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™ a
Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™ b
Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™ g
2.4 GHz Spectrum Capabilities
5 GHz Spectrum Capabilities
Access

Wi-Fi Protected Setup™

Ok so after all that, can I just add some wifi 6 mesh satelites on the yellow zones to improve the wifi coverage and use the provider router as it has EasyMesh?
Or should I buy a second Router and 2 satelites where should I put the 2nd router? the ATI box is full it does not fit.

I really need to improve the speeds of the network via wifi due to the nature of my work until I get around to change the cabling inside the walls.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

• 2 weeks later...

Update: I've managed to verify my cabled network (cat6) and managed to figure out the reason I couldnt get gigabit connection was the port on the router that only supported 100Mbits, so I've changed where my router connects (port3 that allows for bridge). After that since I could get gigabit in the office and the bedroom office I switched of the wifi from my provider router and added 2 Asus ZenWifi xt8 on each room in Access Point mode for the main XT8 and the otherone as a node. Now I can get 800Mbits on wifi anywhere in the house.